Divergence Meter

HikuTechy

Temporal Novice
I was inspired by the divergence meter featured in Steins;Gate, the idea of it intrigued me.

So I started thinking about what it might take to make one in real life.

At its most basic, the divergence meter is measuring the difference between two lines, then it gives a percentage output of that difference.

Simple, right?

Well, there are some things to consider.

The lines should be time lines, as in they cannot go straight up or straight down on the graph or there be no output for the meter.

Thus, if the difference be completely 100% between the two lines, one of the lines would be in the top of the graph while the other would be in the bottom or they be inverse of each other. If there be no difference between the lines, the lines should match (as in be identical and give the same values).

Okay, so far so good. Now for the tricky part. In what way do we get said lines?

There are many ways to do this. We can have the meter measure the difference between any time lines that have events basically.

I started thinking, could we quantify the current world branch timeline and could we quantify other world branch timelines somehow?

Another way we could maybe do this is to quantify the current state somehow, like maybe the current state of some individual who's on a specific path and then specify a desired state of that individual to reach and then measure the difference between the two states. Okay so that's not exactly two lines per se. But the desired state may be a point on another line, which our state (which we should be able maybe measure with time thus forming a line) may then be measured against.

That's the initial basic idea of it. Maybe we'll figure something more out later.

So how do we measure the current state and the desired state?

One way to do this would be to use radionics.

I can apparently measure my current state, like when getting the values for my state for healing.

And then there's the idea of the wishing machine, which may give a desired state.

For my divergence meter, I thought about using edge lit displays.

They're a lot like nixie tubes, except more durable and easier to manage.

https://hackaday.com/2017/03/23/before-there-were-nixie-tubes-there-were-edge-lit-displays/

https://hackaday.com/2012/02/18/edge-lit-nixie-tube-is-sheer-brilliance/

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be fun to build something like this! I'm not sure how one could measure divergence from a reality we can't access, but there might be other ways with more readily available information... Just brainstorming, but maybe one could get some kind of EKG or "vibrational" measurement from yourself, and that of an object in your current worldline. Test the difference between those two objects at intervals, and then try and figure out what it means when the values diverge.

I'm thinking of this more as a programmer approaching an Arduino project with sensors for input and assuming quite a bit, but I think it'd be interesting to see what happens.

The radionics devices I'm thinking of are under the category of psychotronics, which I define as being devices which need input of psionic energy (thought, aura, chi)

I'm sure you're familiar with the Hyper dimensional resonator. It is a type of radionic time travel device. For a radionic device like that to work, you not only need to believe in it (so that the psionic energy works for it) but you also need to know how to operate it, its not enough just to flick a switch like one would do with electronics.

My idea is to use a radionics device like that to measure the current state, then another device like that to measure the state to compare and then measure the difference.

With a wishing machine, one will put a representation of a thing (could be pretty much anything) in touch with the wishing well or similar part of the device. The energy of the user upon focusing on the representation supposedly puts psionic energy into the device, from which the tuning can be made. When the device is tuned, the dial or dials have been set to the frequency of the state of that which the wishing well part is portraying.

The tuning itself is accomplished by using a rubbing plate and the dials. When the dial hits the correct number while the user is rubbing the plate, the user will get a stick reaction on the rubbing plate. Maybe there are other better ways of doing this. The important thing is to get the right numbers for the frequencies in order to get the states quantified.

Just brainstorming, but maybe one could get some kind of EKG or "vibrational" measurement from yourself
Vibrational measurement like that is exactly the key I think. When you look at a representation of something, like say you want a specific car, then a photo of you and a photo of the car side by side might generate a kind of a link between you and that state of you having said car, when you take in that representation in the right way. It may be like a small harmonic vibration in your state even if you aren't in that desired state, you may resonate more with it when you are actively thinking about it and getting in the feel of the represented state of desire.

The part I called wishing well is also commonly known in radionics as "witness". Its basically that which is the subject matter into which frequency the device is getting tuned.

I made a diagram to summarize the idea. Ideally one would have the 1 device auto tune, so when one's state changes it would automatically get fed into the meter and output as a different percentage. But this is just the basic idea. The radionics devices could also be substituted for other state generators, such as gravity measurements or whatever.

radionics-comparator-idea.webp

I've always been interested in the HDR, and radionics in general. I know a lot of people poke fun at it, I've done it in the past (I've been on boards like this since the late 90s, I've worn most of the hats), but the more time goes on the more I see that not everything can be written down and repeated. Yes, that's what science is... But some things are just an individual's experience and the way things like this described sounds like some kind of techno-meditation.

Can you define the "stick reaction"? I know, broadly speaking, that it's a feeling you get when you land on a good frequency and your fingers feel "stuck" but I'm wondering if there's a way to measure that, or calculate one that should work.

The 'stick reaction' as you have described is hard to define.

With the HDR when you first get it, ya be wondering what people are talking about. As turning on the unit and inspecting there's no actual lets say instrument to gauge. Which is a common theme with the HDR.

This comes through usage of the device, for me its like as described i think by CN is like a feeling of loose glue. Where when a detection of is getting close to the finger doesnt lift of the rubbing plate as easy as before. As the turning gets closer the feeling become more prominent, not saying the finger completely sticks but there is a marked difference compared to when the unit was off.

I've always been interested in the HDR, and radionics in general. ... (I've been on boards like this since the late 90s, I've worn most of the hats), but the more time goes on the more I see that not everything can be written down and repeated. Yes, that's what science is... But some things are just an individual's experience and the way things like this described sounds like some kind of techno-meditation.
I've known about Time Travel Institute for a long time, but didn't think of registering here until recently. Now I have these interesting ideas so I thought that since they qualify as "mad science" it would be fitting to post them here.

Can you define the "stick reaction"? I know, broadly speaking, that it's a feeling you get when you land on a good frequency and your fingers feel "stuck" but I'm wondering if there's a way to measure that, or calculate one that should work.
This is an interesting thought. I've read that the user's aura (or biofield) is responsible for the "stick reaction". Maybe kirlian photos could be used to see if that matches. I've read that supposedly chi (mana, prana, orgone, lifeforce) is neutrino fields.

The 'stick reaction' as you have described is hard to define.

With the HDR when you first get it, ya be wondering what people are talking about. As turning on the unit and inspecting there's no actual lets say instrument to gauge. Which is a common theme with the HDR.
I guess it might be difficult to figure out when you have the proper "stick reaction"... I've read that there are harmonics in which you get partial reactions. The mind of the user is the real tuner, maybe not even the conscious mind, but mind. And the subtle life energy fields of the body supposedly play a role. So its like a device of somewhat intangible operation.

This comes through usage of the device, for me its like as described i think by CN is like a feeling of loose glue. Where when a detection of is getting close to the finger doesnt lift of the rubbing plate as easy as before. As the turning gets closer the feeling become more prominent, not saying the finger completely sticks but there is a marked difference compared to when the unit was off.
Capacitance and resistance may work for more subtle matter and energies but may work differently in some cases. This is something I'm interested to explore. I wonder if its a static electric kind of phenomenon or if its something else.

I'm looking into making the device I've described, I have some material on how to make radionics devices so I'll work on making them and experiment, just have to gather the parts. The basic divergence meter will have two radionics devices in it, but it could also use other different devices or state generators later. I have access to a Fab Lab, so I can make use of various big machining tools without owning any at present time. It has 3d printers, engraving and cutting machines.

I went to the Fab Lab with an old clear cd case and used that for material to make a rudimentary edge lit display;

jGzDVQX

The engraving was not quite good enough to properly show all the numbers, but it was a pretty good first attempt.

The green LED I was using to test this display also was a 3 mm one, so it lit up more than one layer at a time.

For this to work properly it needs better material, better engraving so the numbers get lit up properly and better LED's.

This looks great! With a smaller laser I think it'd work pretty good for getting it all put together, then replace with production parts later. What did you use to engrave it?

The Fab Lab has an Epilog Mini 24, which can both cut and engrave acrylic plates and similar materials.

LdOTJuY.png

I used both halves of a cd case, which is 1 mm thickness. I might be able to get polycarbonate in that thickness later.