Fishing and Baseball

Hello Rainman Time,

You wrote "Yes, these sorts of things...but so much more. "

WOW! Retro-engineered or homebred?

I most heartedly agree that those sorts of critical discoveries, the "Wow" discoveries, disseminate like entropy into the culture. The historical arts make evidence of this consistantly.

Let us just hope that we don't take for granted that technical advances can cure all the ills of humanity. The people who control the "WOWS", and their objectives, are the bellwether of these advances.

We all need to keep ourselves informed and our eyes wide open.

The Appropriateness of Chance is Astounding
Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

Keven,

That's an excellent question.

In the multiverse, does one event carry over to another? Or is there some other universe out there where these WOW discoveries have long since been discovered and used on a duplicate Earth?

How can we know? Bring in the statisticians I think!

Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

Dear Roel,

Yep.

Persephone

Keven,

You cracked me up.

Yep, I have been abusing the term WOW.

Can't help it.

Persephone

Keven

I believe it is :High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.

I guess it is a little paranoid to think it is some sinister transmitter sending out signals to the public. It is also a bit paranoid to think it might be a type radar disrupter for UFO's. But then again, I love conspiracies, whether they are true or not.

The "cover story" is that it is researching the aurora borealis.

Persephone

Keven,

OH /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I was thinking about the famous WOW that was written in the margins of a print-out at the SETI project, I think it was in the 70's.

Other than that, it is an exclaim of surprise and wonder.

Persephone

OH

I was thinking about the famous WOW that was written in the margins of a print-out at the SETI project, I think it was in the 70's.
Just a friendly suggestion for you both: If you each quote the other when you are asking each other a question, that can often help each other understand what you are talking about. For example, the following is from Persephone's post:

Yep, I have been abusing the term WOW.
But what do you mean by WOW? For the record, I'd like to know what the acronym is too! Not all of us keep up on those folks at the SETI project!

Kind Regards,
RainmanTime

Kind Keven,

Geeze, no, you aren't stupid. Was I sounding like a bully, spattering and spitting while spouting my ideas self-righteously? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/kiss.gif Gosh I hope not. Yes, SETI is the project that is searching for aliens by listening for signals.

reply to your question:

"Is there a site I can find out about WOW, I may be the youngest on the board but I'm not stupid"

This is one of those things that I recall reading about or seeing on TV but can't exactly give you the source. It might have been Nova on PBS. I found a web site that talks about the WOW! in the margin:

www.bigear.org/6equj5.htm

It even has a picture of the WOW!

SETI was set up with all of those big radar dishes in The Very Large Array. At least for awhile. I think after it lost it's government funding, it went private and set up in Peru. Or am I just remembering Jodie Foster's movie "Contact". Who knows. I will try to find a web site that talks about the WOW in the margin of a print out. The WOW was a reaction to a single event recorded by SETI, and as far a I know it was never duplicated so people assume it was an anomaly.

Also, I have to explain that I am fond of using words that might have an extra implication to them, or to use a double-entendre (Webster's says: a term with two meanings, esp. when one of them has a risque or indecorous connotation). I'm sorry, I am sure it is confusing. It is just one of those things I do without thinking. :oops:

Persephone

Or am I just remembering Jodie Foster's movie "Contact".

Which would have been a great movie if the directors hadn't started taking LSD towards the end :D

If someone told me The Mama's & The Papa's had directed this movie, I'd believe them in a heartbeat

Roel,

Reply to:"If someone told me The Mama's & The Papa's had directed this movie, I'd believe them in a heartbeat "

In reference to the ending of the movie "Contact" based on Carl Sagan's book and starring Jodie Foster........

Yes, the ending was a bit flakey, but I imagine that it is hard to find imagery for what is beyond our understanding.

In that respect, I really liked the ending to Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odysee sans the trippy colors that must have originated from the Fillmore club in the 60's. At the fillmore, they would have someone behind a projector, doing all that tye dye swirly color stuff to put on the crowd.

In 2001 the part I liked is when the astronaut is in that white room and keeps meeting himself at different ages.

By the way, can someone tell me how to do the "in reply to" in the little boxes like you all are doing?

Persephone

Greetings all,

Rainman Time said "Yes, these sorts of things...but so much more. What I am referring to is an entire "mindset shift" in how we view our universe."

And he was talking about all these technolocial or maybe perceptual goodies mankind would soon have, and that who controlled these goodies would make some big bucks.

Guessing?

Zero Point Energy systems that can power anti gravity "machines" that can lense or manipulate spacetime. Like a lense that picks a point in space where one wants to go, and then connects the point of space by defying gravity. The power it would take to defy gravity is insurmountable to what is commonly known to us. Man, it would take a deep understanding of how to get Schrodinger's equation to be effective in the terms of Special and General Relativity. God, that's a mind blower. Relativity must be a "local phenominum", to use your term. Or maybe not.

Neveremind me, I am thinking as I write.

Gravity, what the hell is it anyway!

It seems to me that there would have to be some very heavy isotope, maybe one that does not exist in the known universe, but can be manufactured using nanotechnology, which we are just beginning to fully understand its full range of capabilities. Maybe an isotope that is so heavy that it defies the glue of gravity. Hm.

Or maybe you know more about this than you can tell us. If you can be more specific, I sure would be interested.

The mindset shift must be referring to our understanding of time. Trusting that our observations of time are not the full gamut.

"My hands /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif up in the air"

Persephone