"The future ain't what it used to be."

God?

KerrTexas

Timekeeper
Perhaps a new forum regarding God should be created, since it seems all threads end up in a debate on the existence of God.
Whether one believes in God or not, God should not distract us from the focus of the time travel forum.

I try not to bring God into the discussions, but only try to share what I have found in my travels ( so to speak)the passages that seem to apply some scientific thought to the subject. There were many brilliant scientists in the past and just because the name God surrounds their thoughts does not mean it is without value.

As I read the posts that start out with fantastic thoughts, they ALL fizzle out with a Yes, God is....No, God isnt.....

Chrono has his own forum..perhaps God should have one too! ( God -- Theories that effect our existence and scientific processes )

Hello

There's a simple element that should be taken in consideration when ever God is faced with science, and that is the natrure of both subjects, God/religion is faith, faith has no reasonable foundation , it comes up to the question whether you believe or not on the opposite science is a discipline, with it's methods of reasoning and experiments(whether it's a real experiment or just a hypothetical/ imaginary).

Personaly, I have my own system of belief in which God complements science, and I base it on the simple fact that if God was the creator of the existence, he would know about time travel and science, and as far as we human advance in science still no way we can match him...I can say it's that I believe in God as all mighty.

I do understand your reasoning, my point is that if you read many threads you can see the disintegration of a topic as the arguments end up on whether God exists or not and the focus drifts away from time travel principles.
My suggestion is merely to create a forum where the focus is on the existence of God...or not.

I do believe that the forum was a result of your postings. If I am reading the threads correctly, your name is mentioned frequently when the forum was under consideration for creation.

The God idea is a pretty good idea, it creeps into alot of posts and is also very interesting to read. Unfortunately it is a debate that can go on forever and will never be resolved.

"faith has no reasonable foundation"

I would challenge this. Faith in something, even if it is not God, is the eventual endpoint of all reason. If your faith is only in what your senses demonstrate to you, then you are exhibiting faith that your senses are relaying truth to you. Even mathematical proofs begin with grounding axioms from which the proof begins. If nothing can be proven in an absolute sense, then all science is based in some form of faith. In fact, science often advances due to the fact that the reasonable faith that was invested in some theory and its correctness is shown to be incorrect.

Chrono..I really don't care about whether you reply in any thread or not. I am an adult capable of skipping a particular paragraph or two if I so choose. I dont consider your participation as hijacking a thread either. Reply all you want, life has more crucial aspects for me than what you type in these forums, so your replies don't bother me at all.

Ok First of all I think there should be a forum about the existence of God, now what I meant is that don’t expect to deal with God’s riddle from a scientific point of view, for the reasons that I’ve stated to you inn my first posting.

Well you amplified the question of faith beyond our starting point, which was the existence of God. Her were not discussing “faith” but were are to think about the riddle of God. Of course faith may have “reasonable foundation” when you have it outside the religious domain, it’s like you marry someone because you have faith in her and the life that you are going to have with her, your faith here is based on reasonable elements.
Let’s keep something clear in mind, when ever a debate starts, it should be limited to a certain topic, with a very well pin pointed focal point, if we are going to discuss the existence of God, then only it shall be the existence of God.

God? Everyone has different perceptions of God. Some do not believe in God. God has not been proven by science yet, but there are certain factors that do not nullify the existence of God. Surely, there must be some cold hard proof that the existence and faith in God is indeed wandering some where in the people's hearts somewhere. If science could prove God's existence or debunk it as a major millenium hoax, I wonder what would the world be like. The fact that the Bible was written was reason that would say that man at that time has reached the age of reason. So EVEN if God did not exist, he would have existed in the hearts of millions of Christians and the like or other religions. It gives them hope and reason to live. Thus, it would be really bad to try to disrupt this balance. No matter how much we can debate on God, we can never come into a conclusion. There is by far no breaking evidence or proof that there is a God or no God. But I know far enough, that there is a God in my heart and others, a Creator that has been watching us since the Alpha. I think that having a god forum is a bad idea. After all, we would only end up in arguement. Based on experience, it is never a good thing to debate on God, especially in a time travel forum where people come from all walks of life. So how do we proceed?

P.S I have decided to give this new idea - two thumbs down. It defeats the purpose of being here at all.

If any comments were made on God at this point, then it would have to be historical, due to the legal infraction as mentioned in the book The Andreasson Affair, {the wrongly abducted man}.

Because of this precedent, the way and relations of the God-man relations changed ever more at this point, so the topic of discussion, in the very technical sense, would now have to be historical.

There is also a twin reciprosical problem here.This is as offered by T-12 who post here, it is now not determined as whether God made man and then man realized this? Or agencies other than God made god by device and then God took on his own state of inteligence, as if God would then be similar to a run-away computer software program.

So God is god?

Was just a thought. I don't really have any overly strong sentiments whether there is a seperate forum regarding the Existence of God or not and any implications regarding science based on religious texts.

If God did not create, how would He experience himself as God?

As far as Gods existence, I believe there are factors that indicate it to be so. Rainman has referenced systems within systems, and I think this principle can be traced to a creator. As we discover His attributes or methods of creation, then we become that much closer to developing time traveling possibilities.

Is there anything in the known world that contains a base component that is completely different than another?
Why does the smallest in existence resemble the largest in existence?
If it is possible to manipulate energy in a manner that results in re-newing of self, then after many thousands of eons of existence, wouldn't that individual be as a God?
Where did life on Earth originate?
As an accident? I do not find anything that would validate this ideal. There are just to many variables to draw a conclusion that all lifeforms are merely an accident. All life forms in nature seem to have a purpose in the chain of life. And nature becomes cruel to those life forms that do not conform to natures methods.
If life originated on another celestial body..then my theory of an individual that discovered or developed an ability to re-new Himself is possible.
Also, the Church isnt the only place to search for possible proof of supernatural power. As I suggested before, anyone who desires proof merely has to participate in a ritual/summonings with an adept magician.
I think some individuals expect to have God just drop proof as demanded in their laps without earning the knowledge of God's existence.
Whatever purpose we serve for God, for everyone to "know" absolutely isnt part of the plan.
How many people would commit suicide if Gods existence was absolutely proven to be so?
I imagine sometimes God asking us at some point in our past...Would you remember me if you were placed in a situation that cast a doubt as to my existence?

And so here we are!

or perhaps He came home from a rough 7 days of creating and discovered man had finished off all the beer in His fridge, and sent us all here to get our own!

I for one am opposed to the inception of a forum for discussions of God, god, or gods. This is a forum which ostensibly exists for the purpose of furthering some kind of rational understanding of the world, however speculative the conversations leading in that direction may be.

Religion is very important; to many people it is the pinnacle of importance. That's fine. Really, that's wonderful. It serves to give people hope and continue living meaningful lives. And despite how threatened some religious people seem to feel by science that does not include God, science does not impinge upon religion. A resonable scientific mind will not try to make a case against the existence of God, at least not within the scientific arena, but will rather not venture to broach the subject of God in the first place.

Quantum physics, evolution, the big bang, and genetic sciences do not threaten God, at least not in the minds of reasonable people. It is my opinion that science, while it may further our understanding of the universe to an unforseen extent, can not take us any closer to the overarching and underlying truths that are sought through religion.

Religion and science are not at odds with one another when the subjects are considered by a reasonable mind. In this forum, God is simply irrelevant. Whatever His/Her/Its glory may entail, it is not diminished in the discussion of deep physical truths. I vote no God forum.

If many people could believe in forms of higher existence like from aliens to faeries. I don't see why it's so difficult to believe there is a God. Are we to be ridiculed to taking fairy tales of fairies and gnomes for real, instead of believing on a historical text with a history of 2,000 years? There are millions of kida and adults out there, hoping to be abducted. Why? Because they want to be part of this higher existence, they want to assist this unknowns. However, their enthusiasm is leading to nowhere, usually fruitless unless by means of magik or otherwise, the results would be pretty threatening to an individual's life.

As an accident? I do not find anything that would validate this ideal.
I agree with that. How can life be accidental? People might say the universe is huge, anything can happen? But if you think, then why are most of the planets in our solar system unoccupied by even the remote forms of bacteria? Are we the so-called 'lucky ones'? I don't think so. Besides, searching for otherwise other planets or moons to inhabit, is just an excuse to ignore the Earth's plight, leaving our home that God has created. Are we to play God now? Travelling into deep outer space? As you can see life on earth here has only certain intelligent animals. Us. Dolphins are intelligent too, but they do not have the capacity to be like us. Natural selection you say? If it is natural selection, then why are there living apes and species of monkeys, why are there still dolphins? If not, natural selection would give it reason that a certain whole species had been exterminated.

If knowing God was so easy, the passage into heaven would have been easier. People will wake up, and think "Hey there is a God". There will be massive conversions and some do cannot accept such, will end up in suicide. Suddenly, the world will go under a massive reform of most probably chaos, and denial.

Religion is indeed a very wonderful thing, even if people do not believe in God. It gives them hope and strength to live on. It helps you to think that someone is watching over you. They aren't angels, it is God himself. As most people think now that religion is being threatened by science and theories. They are wrong, in fact religion and science are now going hand in hand, there aren't major contradictions except the fact of God's existence, which is yet to be proven. Then again, is it so easy? After all, how advanced we are, we can barely reach the edge of the solar system, we can barely solve our problems. Anyhow, it is restricted to study science in the Bible. There was a poster here once who relied on the Bible as a science text. However, it is wrong and should not be done. The truth of God will never be found out until the Armageddon. We shouldn't test ourselves, or waste our time here. God here in this forum, is never accepted by the masses. I say we go on without a God forum.

Back