"The future ain't what it used to be."

Just something Strange

Khronos

Timekeeper
So over the last couple days to weird things have been happenning and was wondering if anyone could explain what it is or not. It isnt supernatural, just kinda wierd.

So the first thing is I'll just be sitting there, blink, and anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours will just go by in literally a blink of an eye. I don't even notice it becuase it happens at times were I wouldn't notice without looking at a clock or something of the sort. Like I'll be sitting at the computer and then look at the clock, blink with a kind of heavy eyes feeling, then look at the clock again (something I do compulsivly like every couple seconds) and notice that a considerable amount of time has gone by. It was an esepecially long time when once I had just turned out the light, blinked, while still in the turning light off position, decided to turn the light on again to go get a drink and looked at the clock and 6 hours had gone by. It was really strange.

The other thing that happens is somewhat the same but harder to describe. Say its like 2:30 and I'm in class. Then like what feels like a half a second later I'm in a completely different place and Its 3:00 and everything that happened over the last half hour hits me at once in like superspeed and nothing makes sense. But I can still remember everything happening in normal speed if I think about it... I don't know, its just weird and wondering if it had a name or reason why it happened.

When you sleep you lose time..if you are sleeping a long time sometimes you even forget where you are or what day it is, how much time has passed, etc. It could be you are dreaming, the body is resting and cannot keep track of "time". Maybe you have a condition like narcolepsy. One of my friend's cousins has it and falls asleep in the middle of normal everyday activities. She doesn't even remember falling asleep. Has this recently started happening or has this been going on for a while? Also, is there anyone with you when you "lose time"?

When you sleep you lose time..if you are sleeping a long time sometimes you even forget where you are or what day it is, how much time has passed, etc. It could be you are dreaming, the body is resting and cannot keep track of "time". Maybe you have a condition like narcolepsy. One of my friend's cousins has it and falls asleep in the middle of normal everyday activities. She doesn't even remember falling asleep. Has this recently started happening or has this been going on for a while? Also, is there anyone with you when you "lose time"?

It may be a sleep thing... But it doesn't feel like sleep. Literally I'll just blink and an hour or two will go bye and nothing will be any different, this has only happened when I'm alone. But the other one where it feels like I skip a head a little bit, and then I remember what happens between the two awareness points, while still being awake. And it started like 2 months ago.

Has anything major changed in the past two months? Sometimes a trauma or serious life event can cause your mind to do strange things. I, personally, have epilepsy. I don't experience time skipping forward on me but I do experience something similar to an out-of-body experience when I have a seizure. Most of the time, these seizures occur in a period where I am under a large amount of stress or something major has happened in my life. Everyone's body reacts differently to stress and maybe this is your body saying, "Hey buddy, I need to recharge" I'm not an expert by any means whatsoever but I am just offering my personal experience... I think its something you need to be cautious of and watch. Next time it happens, write the exact experience down in a journal. Keep track of each event. Maybe then you can start putting the pieces together. I'm sorry hon that this is happening to you. I wish you the best in figuring it out. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Khronos,

PB and melroxanne are correct. See a doctor immediately. It does sound like epilepsy. Not necessarily gran mal seizure form. Seizures come in many forms other than gran mal.

Back