Last Day of the Time War

_Oz

Chrono Cadet
When I was much younger I would make all kinds of different music, but saved almost nothing. This one I kept throughout the years, even though it's unfinished.

I called this one The Last Day; where I tried to capture the mood from the end of the first Time War. Maybe this would resonate with someone out there!

-Oz

View attachment 311

I'll give it a listen. What type of music was popular during the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a musician, I love to hear other people's music. It's a nice composition even though it's incomplete. I'm wondering if you know any music theory or if you just made it by ear.

[QUOTE='Calc]I'll give it a listen. What type of music was popular during the time?
[/QUOTE]I'm a fan of classical / theatrical personally, but Y2K Retrosynth was the big thing in my time. 

[QUOTE='Inferno]As a musician, I love to hear other people's music. It's a nice composition even though it's incomplete. I'm wondering if you know any music theory or if you just made it by ear.
[/QUOTE]I just play by ear, but I could probably benefit from some musical theory. Part of why I never finish songs is because I can't translate the music from my head right. 

-Oz

'_Oz]I just play by ear said:
If you ever get into making music again I would recommend learning some theory. It's actually much simpler than people make it out to be.

'_Oz]I'm a fan of classical / theatrical personally said:
Classical is very underappreciated by a lot people in this time. But as they say, great music never dies.

Great taste! Im intrigued by Y2K Retrosynth, do you have any so we can listen?
I don't, but below is some chill/synth/retrowave music. Can imagine it being like this except with late 90's - early 00's music. A lot of Smashmouth &; Linkin Park

-Oz

[QUOTE='PaulaJedi]Maybe this would resonate with someone out there!
[/QUOTE]As "TimeLordME," I very much appreciate the "last day feel". The violins were amazing and the best part, and at one point it sounded backwards like a"backmasking" violin! Which gave me a momentary sensation of the reversal of time which was super cool and unexpected! Very good stuff! It is titled well and set the stage perfectly. I nicknamed myself TimelordME on Reddit years ago, just because I loved Dr. Who!  It wasn't until years later someone pointed out that "as a historian of another Timeline," and perhaps the only one in this timeline, I was a type of "TimeLord from a parallel reality"  The ME in TimelordME stood for Mandela Effect....which is of course what I find so easily here!  It was great, I would love to hear some more of your compositions! If you have any to share?

Thank you @Cosmo for refreshing this post ;) I had not seen it before and the music was really imaginative. And @_Oz I did not know you were a fantastic musician too. Your words really resonate with me here. Love to hear from you, what you are up to recently and get a postcard one day !!!

Cheers Ser!