The Titor October 2000 Chat Transcript

Twighlight

Quantum Scribe
Very seldom gets a mention...and in fact does not appear at all on the 'official' John Titor web site. Most Titor web sites state Titor started posting in November 2000, yet here he is on October 14th 2000, in a UK IRC chat room....

http://www.anomalies.net/object/titorirc.html

No doubt nothing new to some. But a question has remained all these years. Indeed, it is the very first question I ever asked in relation to Titor....

WHY did 'Yareisa' record this chat transcript ? She's the only person who could have done so. I mean, according to her she'd been up half the night and it was now 6.00 am. So some guy pops up and claims to be from 2036. Is this the sort of thing you open up Notepad for and scroll and cut and paste the whole thing for posterity at 6am on a sleepless night ?

And then keep the transcript for months...it appears to be the only one there is from Titor...and suddenly 'remember' it months later when Titor is more widely known ?

For one reason or another, I've become really quite good at analysing writing style, and it's reasonably clear to me that actually this is NOT the same person who later posts as John Titor.

Guess you have to look on that chart thing to figure out if it was John number one or John number two. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fact if you really want to know she still posts on anomalies. You could simply go there and ask her or ask Darby to send her word that you have a question for her here. She seems to be a very nice lady. I am sure she wouldn't mind answering your questions...if you treat her with respect and don't attack her that is.

Thinking in multiple timelines, and trying to understand this transcript!

TimeTravel_0 : I started in 2036, went back to 1975 and then came forward
to
2000...now.
TimeTravel_0 : Not at all. In fact the "me" on this world line is
upstairs
alseep.
TimeTravel_0 : Hes 2

2+1 = 3

He was the third John Titor...
while the others are asleep.

also

TimeTravel_0 : CERN will discover some very odd things as a result of
their
high energy experiments.
TimeTravel_0 : in about a year.

He moves in time from 2009 to 2000 so
is He is still thinking of 2009

2009 +1 = 2010

TimeTravel_0 : Its very hard to convince someone you travel in time unless
you're related to them.

Right! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

TimeTravel_0 : Im not feeling sorry for myself.
TimeTravel_0 : Im actually learning to like the people here.
TimeTravel_0 : You have a very bad reputaion in 2036.
wyrmkin_37 : TT........who me?
TimeTravel_0 : lol...in general.
wyrmkin_37 : heard that
G° : how about those 80's lot though. they must be worse...
TimeTravel_0 : Don't get me started.

Link to Youtube

G° : LOL
TimeTravel_0 : At least your commercials and video games have gotten
beeter
through the years.
G° : and as for the 70's! Sheesh!
wyrmkin_37 : 60's were cool
TimeTravel_0 : Generaly... this period is thought of as the time when they
had it all and squanderd it.
Link to youtube
TimeTravel_0 : You diserve your fate.
wyrmkin_37 : but fun was had
TimeTravel_0 : That's true.

After this one
Link to YT

Also that IRC chat is like Ukranians trying to pronouce "w's" in the English language as "wobbly-u's"!

Multi-pole theory has something to do with lasers also, but all of that can done on a search of it on Google, and also with some other subjects as to where Multi-pole Theory is/has a basis.
/ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

For one reason or another, I've become really quite good at analysing writing style, and it's reasonably clear to me that actually this is NOT the same person who later posts as John Titor.

A bit of a caveat on writing style metrics and analysis. When we were doing that on the posts we had a much larger database for comparison (rthough it was still somewhat small for doing a proper analysis). His posts were written at leisure with time to think about responses, make edits and then post. The IRC was written in real time with no time to think it through. In fact you can see from the transcript that they were all trying to get responses in at the same time and they came out of order. A very different style can emerge under those circumstances. It's more like talking than writing.

As to why Yariesa saved the transcript, why don't you just ask her? She's a member at Anomalies.net, you know. Her handle there is MysticWarrior. It took me from late 2001 until April of 2004 to convince her to register there. She wasn't much interested. But she ultimately did register and is a regular. However, she spends about >| |< that much time talking about Titor. It's not one of her favorite topics.

A bit of a caveat on writing style metrics and analysis. When we were doing that on the posts we had a much larger database for comparison (rthough it was still somewhat small for doing a proper analysis). His posts were written at leisure with time to think about responses, make edits and then post. The IRC was written in real time with no time to think it through. In fact you can see from the transcript that they were all trying to get responses in at the same time and they came out of order. A very different style can emerge under those circumstances. It's more like talking than writing.

True...but the fact is that there are certain writing foibles that are almost unconcious, and which tend to exist regardless of the amount of time available. One of them is the habit....I even do it myself....of joining bits of sentences together with multiple dots.

The original Titor chat transcript contains many examples of Titor doing just that. Whereas the anomalies posts contain hardly any such cases in over 100 posts from Titor. Not just a minor difference !

I've read that the use of dots like that is due to those who seek to divide sentences into distinct thoughts.....as opposed to the grammatical use of commas. It's habitual, and when you think about it, doing a bunch of dots takes longer and really ought to be LESS prevalent in chat than in a forum. Yet we have the reverse. Many examples in the chat transcript......barely a single case in the anomalies forum.

Most of those who have that habit can barely go a few sentences without doing it. That is what persuades me that the person in anomalies is not the same Titor as in the chat.

Might depend on how many Johns there are in the mult-verse, or as the joke goes:
How many Johns does it take to screw in a lightbulb and how many ladders were used?

Then there are political parties also in this world.

WHY did 'Yareisa' record this chat transcript ? She's the only person who could have done so. I mean, according to her she'd been up half the night and it was now 6.00 am. So some guy pops up and claims to be from 2036. Is this the sort of thing you open up Notepad for and scroll and cut and paste the whole thing for posterity at 6am on a sleepless night ?
Last I knew, mIRC (and surely other clients) has an option to automatically log all chat to a text file. So this could be one of many stored conversations they had. Nothing special here.

Looks to me like Titor was testing out his hoax in a UK chat room......where he'd hope everyone would quickly forget him. Same as with the Art Bell faxes....he probably thought nobody would remember them.