But a sort of Web Archiving software,
So I cant do anything in 2009 exept surf the web,
So Im not really in 2009,
Im still in '05.
Ive seen other people on this site using the same type of software,
Or atleast primitive versions of it,
From the 20s 30s an 40s.

My Name is Max Pamer and I was born in 2089,
I just came here to say that my great grandfather posted some stuff here around the late 00s,
He posted some pictures here but I cant see them because he only posted on a few in 2009,
My archive only goes up to 2010,
And they all look like boxes with an X in it.

His name was Atticus Pamer and he was born in 1993 and died last July,
He had a son named Henry Pamer born in 2018 my grandpa who is still alive,
He had a son named John R. Pamer born in 2055 my dad,
And he had me with my mom Amanda on 18 January 2089.

He loved time travel stuff,
His favorite book was even 'The Time Machine' by H,G, Wells,
I know he did draw or paint in the 10s and 20s,
But I havent seen anything from before the 2010s.

I hope someone gets to see this and reply before this stupid free trial thing runs out,
You dont have to beleve me,
In fact,
Im not even sure if the person who comes here is my great grandfather,
He may just have the same name or something,
But his first post here,
Or atleast the oldest one I can find,
Is from 17 November 2009,
Ask questions if you want,
Ill try to post some pictures of my family if I can find any really old ones.

Re: \'Time Traveler\' from 2105

But his first post here,
Or atleast the oldest one I can find,
Is from 17 November 2009,

Ah yes. What we have here is the pre-emptive setup by a hoaxer who will return on 17 NOV and pretend to be his great grandfather.

News for the unwise hoaxer: Dude, various forms of this have been tried before. None have succeeded and all have been tripped-up. You may think you are smarter than the folks here, but rest assured, you will also be tripped up.

If you are who you say you are, then you should be able to pass my time traveler's test.

RMT

Welcome to Time Travel Institute.

Why don't you provide us with some details of your time ?

What mode of transportation do you use ?
What type of power systems do you utilize for home use ?
What do you do for entertainment ?
What kind of food do you enjoy ?
What type's of books are all the rave ? Mysteries, romance, etc. ?
What are the plot's for your Sci-Fi Books ?

1: Transportation hasnt changed much as most people still use cars,
And alot of cars still use gasoline,
I dont have a car,
But I do take the bus to work every day,
And if its under two miles I just walk there.

2:Some people use batteries for things,
Although they stopped making C batteries a long time ago,
Atleast in large quantities,
You can still order size C and size D batteries from the net.
Most batteries are rechargeable,
Some people use hand spun generators in the sense that a motor spun the opposite direction produces
electricity,
Connected to a SBLED can create a good amount of light,
My house uses a modern CEE 7/17 plug with four grounds for the positive and negative charges,
Some older houses use three prong plugs though,
As the new CEE type only came out about 30 years ago.
For Electricity some people use solar roof plates,
The place I work at replaced their roof with them for $14'000 a few years ago,
Wind Turbines are also popular in New England and places like Washington and Oregon.

3: Entertainment has changed a bit,
Ive watched tv clips from the early 21st century and found it to be grossly over the top,
I still go to the movies sometimes,
But not too often because its so far away.

4: I usually eat pasta or pop tarts,
Lots of potatoes and onions too,
Because they grow under ground and can be found in a field near my house for free,
Bread is really expensive right now because of the unusually cold winter last year,
That killed off a lot of grain,

5: People don't read like they used to,
Most books are only a few chapters long and no more than 20 or 30 pages,
They sometimes come bound together in a collection of 12 or 13 books,
Ive tried to read books from antique stores,
But theyre expensive and crumbly and its hard to turn the pages if they havent been kept the right way,
I also find older books hard to get into because theyre too descriptive,
There is a book that came out recently that has been popular
Its about the Dead sea scrolls,
Its caused quite a bit of controversy and debate.

6. Sci-fi books are my favorite,
A lot of them now deal with communication and loss of information,
One recent book was about one computer talking to another,
But that was it.

Im afraid I had to make the last few short because I cant stay,
The world itself hasnt changed that much,
There was no 'Apocalyptic War' that people keep warning about in this website,
Except for the NK bomb thing,
Nothing happened,
And hurricane Arlene,
And some volcanic activity mid-century.

like I said, you dont have to beleve me if you dont want to.
Goodbye.

Now where have I heard that one before? But I do appreciate the teenie bopper idioms like "stuff" and "things" when the old personal limited range of vocabulary fails to find a more appropriate word.

I'll be fair to ya, Maxxy boy... I'll ask you before I actually jump in:
<font color="white"> And to think some people criticize me for not being "fair"? [/COLOR]
Do you really want me to comment on some of your answers to the questions Kerr put to you?
<font color="white"> All he has to do is say "no" and I won't point out the problems in his story. [/COLOR]
If you say no, you don't want to hear what I have to say, I won't say a peep.
<font color="white"> Really. I won't. [/COLOR]
But I would guess that since you say:
That you wouldn't really care about what I have to say about your answers, no matter what I say about them or point out about them. Even if what I point out might make you look a lot more like a silly hoaxer than you wish to appear.
<font color="white"> Most hoaxers want attention. I wonder what his response will be? [/COLOR]
Your call. If you say no, I won't... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
RMT

Mr.Darby said it all,please next time try to be at least more convincing,bye /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Its not really Time Travel,
But a sort of Web Archiving software,
So I cant do anything in 2009 exept surf the web

Er - no, you just posted on it. Duh.

That surely constitutes 'doing something'.

What is more, you trip yourself up with your own story ! Want to know why ? You see, if you can read this far back, then by definition you can also see every single reply this thread gets. That would include the illustrious Atticus Pamer providing sufficient information ( at some future date from now - that we cannot see but you with your 'archive' can ) to show whether he is your great grandfather. I mean - he would surely want to do so. Yet somehow you are not sure if he is great grandaddy or not...when a genuine time traveller WOULD know that.

Hoaxers have to be sooo careful of every permutation of their story. Another one bites the dust.

What you doing? Are you doing a history report for the ninth grade? You said that you were born in 2089 and the current date is 2105. Which make you either 13 or 14 years of age. Depending on your date of birth.

Don't you have better things to do then pretending being a time traveler?

Did this person ever repost here using the same IP but different name? I'm looking into stuff and have reason to wonder. Jim, Mop,RMT, Any of yall feel like confirming or denying. OR is that even a possibility?

Only after confirmation or denial. I don't need to know the IP address, I just want to know if this maxxpower was caught spoofing or not.

NOthing....

PHHHBT .

Well I may as well talk about it...

I was looking over some old comics of mine. A comic called "the MAXX" A great comic.. now canceled. in it in the back they had a free classified ad section. This started in issue 16 in may. The ads could be 25 words and did not have to make sense.

In issue 16.. some ads talk about the 96 olympics blowing and the 97 starwars owning. ... This is in may/june 1995.

So..... yeah. The 96 olymips in Atlanta did have some bomb issues... And I don't know who used internet meme speak in 95.... Getting owned or getting pwned didn't take of in the lexion till the 00 years.... Whether or not Starwars owned is a personal opinion.

Their is also another ad looking for VHS MTV maxx tapes.... THose tapes didn't exist yet back then. The MTV show the Maxx was still airing back in may of 95. VHS marketing might of been scheduled but to my knowledge it wasn't out at that time..

SO now I am looking around the net for anyone using the MAXX in their name. Looking for anything related.. wondering WTF is up with the strange ads.

NOthing....

PHHHBT .

Well I may as well talk about it...

I was looking over some old comics of mine. A comic called "the MAXX" A great comic.. now canceled. in it in the back they had a free classified ad section. This started in issue 16 in may. The ads could be 25 words and did not have to make sense.

In issue 16.. some ads talk about the 96 olympics blowing and the 97 starwars owning. ... This is in may/june 1995.

So..... yeah. The 96 olymips in Atlanta did have some bomb issues... And I don't know who used internet meme speak in 95.... Getting owned or getting pwned didn't take of in the lexion till the 00 years.... Whether or not Starwars owned is a personal opinion.

Their is also another ad looking for VHS MTV maxx tapes.... THose tapes didn't exist yet back then. The MTV show the Maxx was still airing back in may of 95. VHS marketing might of been scheduled but to my knowledge it wasn't out at that time..

SO now I am looking around the net for anyone using the MAXX in their name. Looking for anything related.. wondering WTF is up with the strange ads.

Wiki disagrees....."owned" was already in usage by hackers and then taken over by gamers and you have to allow for several years before that before any word gets into widespread use .... And if a show was still on TV it seems completely reasonable for people to be looking for VHS tapes of it...these items seem completely of their time to me.
Owned - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back