"The future ain't what it used to be."

A new concept of nuclear fusion

Imenilop

Timekeeper
Not too long ago, a site called singtech.com brought up an interesting way of looking at the fusion of hydrogen atoms.
Singtech, home to Singularity Technologies Inc., says that nulcear fusion is not achieved by high temperatures, but by changing the quantum states of deuterium hydrogen ions. This would be done by bombarding the ions with "soft x-rays". That is why fusion happens in nuclear bombs and not in the laboratory. Fusion normally happens less than 1% of the time in regular hydrogen plasma, but when hit by "soft x-rays", that chance rises to 50%. The x-rays supposedly put the DeBroglie wavelengths of the ions in syncronization, causing fusion!
I am only a high school student, not a quantum physicist. If you want to know more, you can try visiting www.singtech.com, but it's not responding. However, I have important pages of the website saved on my computer, and I can send those to you via e-mail.
Thanks for keeping and open mind! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interesting. Any idea why the singtech.com site is out of commission?

The fact that deuterium is a balanced trinity isotope (e-,p+,n0), and the fact that its molecular formation is a dyad-trinity (2H) certainly provides a balanced structure of opposites. Its importance would certainly fit with the importance of water as a universal solvent, with it's balanced trinity structure of H2O. Perhaps deuterium is something like a universal reactant, when exposed to the proper resonant frequency....?

I'd like to know more... Kind Regards,
RainmanTime

UPDATED EXPLANATION

My first post was a bit shabby. I explained the new concept of fusion poorly. Here I show it better. READ THE ENTIRE THING IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING:

The point of singtech.com is that fusion is time dilation induced. It is NOT induced by the high speed collision of deuterium ions. This time dilation is caused by the soft x-rays I mentioned. What the soft x-rays do is synchronize the DeBroglie wavelengths of the ions, thereby causing a time dilation region in the vicinity of the ions. If the ions at moving at a low relative velocity (thereby denying fusion by heating plasma), the ions will have a greater chance at fusing. More characteristics about this type of fusion are delineated in the General Case (which can be found in the definitions section of singtech.com).

This is n NOT COLD FUSION. This might be real. Look at the evidence! Glasstone and Loveberg wrote in the paper "Controlled Thermonuclear Reactions" that "experiments made with accelerated nuclei have shown that nuclear reactions can take place at detectable rates even when the energies are considerably below those corresponding to the top of the Coulomb barrier". The Coulomb barrier is that barrier which exists between two like charges that prevents them from "touching". If that barrier is surpassed, the strong nuclear force that binds deuterium nuclei together will take over and fuse the nuclei. Singtech says that the Coulomb barrier is not surpassed by slamming nuclei together at high relative velocities. That barrier is actually removed for a fraction of a second by time dilation. Since EVERYTHING is probabalistic (it has been accepted theory since the 20s), the time dilation region induced by soft x-rays increases the probability of the Coulomb barrier being surpassed by virtue of time expansion. That atto second of prababalistic fusion that may occur once in a billion years between a pair of nulcei at close proximity in a conventional reactor is increased to a nano second. Fusion, therefore, happens probabalistically because that probability has been increased.

Singtech said the following:
The prejudice was that fusion was derived from the high thermal energies of interacting nuclei. However, when it was found that nuclei would combine in spite of their lack of relative energy, the physics community merely believed that there were at least two ways to induce fusion reactions between nuclei. The first was to slam them into each other with considerable energy and the other, well, the 'other' way took place probabilistically and was of little interest. This is where they dropped the ball.

Look at the evidence and the logic. I may have not explained everything so well, but it is all common sense. Fusion might happen in this generation. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

Re: UPDATED EXPLANATION

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is that in this regard heat and cold are basically 'kinetic catalysts' for lack of a better term - and that anything is possible - only the pattern of interaction leading to desired result may become too complex...without finding a shortcut?

Back