AI Research: Rat brain cells trained to fly F-22

Hey Rainman,

That was indeed interesting. Someone once told me, that in the order of intelligence, it was Dolphins, Rats, then us. Don't know if it's true, but at times, it sounds about right! (lol)

The thought of a bio computing system is now not so Sci-Fi, according to the article. I'm just wondering though, how far will it go? I love technology, else I wouldn't be here in this forum, which I feel very fortunate to have found, and it was all due to finally having the opportunity to watch the remake of the 'Time Machine', which I thought was definately awesome. Yet, what I'm thinking about is, the SkyNET syndrome. It pilots war planes, then war ships, then war bunkers, filled with those antiquated nukes. In the 'Terminator' series, SkyNET decided our fate in a nanosecond.

Given the level of AI development, along with maybe a bit of arrogance, as in the series, we were fooled, which is a human fault to be so. Will we control these bio comp systems? I'm sure there will be guarantees to the fact. Can we? The good part of the 'Terminator' series, is that the T101's weren't Hybrids. They were processing class cyborgs. Imagine the result, had they been transition class cyborgs. Kyle, may have said something to this effect:

They have hair, sweat, bad breath, living tissue over an extremely tough endoskeleton, and oh yeah. They have a human brain encased within the endoskeletal frame.
They've been chipped so they don't feel pain or pity or remorse. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They can think logically and illogically, just like us, which gives them the ability to anticipate like us, to become creative. They have abstract thought, and their tough. Keep in mind Sarah, they absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are in total control of us!

So it comes down to the Replicants. Superior in every way to the average man or woman, but with only a four year life span. I'd give the rat a lifespan of the length of the mission and no more.

Anyway, a great article to be sure. Take care Ray.