"The future ain't what it used to be."

Cell Phone Self-Calling

Tyrant00

Timekeeper
I received a phone call from my own number today at 1:00 PST. I did not dial myself and my phone was stationary with no possibility for any buttons being pushed. I recognized the number, thought it may be a fraud or trick to obtain info, and didn't answer. I later called the phone company and they had no explanation. Do you?

yeah, dial 777 then the last four digits of your phone # let it connect, hang it up, pick it up again. itll have a funny sound. then hang it up again. and itll ring itself. probably works on other phone#'s too.

i dont know if thats what happened. but i do know its possible

There is a cellphone app called Spoof App. In a nut shell, you can pick a phone number (a) to call then you can pick a phone number (b) to call from. When you call the number (a) from your phone the phone number that you selected (b) shows on the phone (a) that you call.
For example, I call my friend bob, but I put in my friend Molly's phone number. When I call bob, molly's number shows in his caller id. All this from your phone.
The second feature is that you can change the octave of your voice from a high pitch female's voice to a deep pitch male's voice.
Its very cool for prank calls, but there are many practical sitautions that you can use this for. So far this only works for i-phones and Blackberrys, but I imagine that down the line the software could open up for other phones

Back