"The future ain't what it used to be."

I've got about 20 years worth of a trilogy I've been working on. Sharing part of the ending on TTI first for any feedback on whether I should publish.

Prez

Chrono Cadet
Odin, we are waiting for you.
You want war. They want war. We do not want war.
You may have as much war as you like, just not here, not now.

Come with me, All Father.
I will show you the last war. I have seen it, near the end of time.
That is where war ends. Do you want to see?

Odin was intrigued. Who is this, demigod, full god, or mortal?

"My name is Kairos, All Father," said the boy.

"Show me, please." All Father replied.

So, I took him to Outpost Omega, shortly after the "grand and exalted civilizations" detonated their "gift." My mortal body, destroyed for the very first time, rematerialized within the ship.

I said to him "For you see, I have no weapons. Need no weapons. I am the weapon. I am the ship. The vorpal sword is me, and my sword is yours."

Odin let out a laugh. "So, what now, then?"

I replied, "Now I show you war."

Odin aroused a great thunder in the vacuum of space at the edge of the universe.

I rumbled in the outpost "The grand and exalted civilizations of the universe had me deliver an exotic bomb to my soulmate. I delivered it. It exploded. We both died, or so they think. They called me the Arbiter, but none of them ever truly respected the position apparently. Mind I tell you, this is very shortly after the humans joined the "universal accord."

"Your soulmate? Who's the girl" Odin asked.

"Sora." I spoke. "She's not from around here."

Odin laughed. "Ok my boy, we will bring justice and glory to this universe."

"Yes, All Father, that is what I intend." I replied, readying myself and simultaneously activating the outpost. "The floating needles at the end of time were placed there by me. Now that they have declared war on us first, we will use them. They were so afraid of the vorpal sword, and now they must contend with the sword and Outpost Omega. My needles are yours to command, sir."

"Boy, you are special." All Father acknowledged.

"I'm a little bit different" I joked. My passion for war had never been ignited before.
Never had I seen a threat I couldn't mitigate, until that damned gift. They caught me by surprise because of a girl and murdered the one and only Arbiter. The Arbiter is supposed to be a broker of peace.

"And yet, war." Odin said.

"Yes, All Father." I replied. "Does such a grievance against mortals from your domain bother you as well?"

Odin became more serious. "It does."

My teeth clenched with a smile "Well then, shall we war in the name of all humanity and gods and monsters of Earth?"

"WE SHALL INDEED!" The thunder in space grew and grew to nebula size. Odin was now far beyond his greatest heights on Earth.

And so, Odin, the All Father went to war against the grand and exalted civilizations of the universe. Armed with the vorpal sword and floating needles, with the full backing and judgement from the Arbiter.

"LET THE ERA OF HUMANITY EXTEND UNTIL THE END OF TIME!" Odin declared.

"As you have said." The Arbiter concurred. "For today, and today only, I will be Death."

"Isn't that the girl?" All Father asked.

"It's complicated, but sort of." I said. "Sora is from a place called Eternium; which is layered above this multiverse. Most people see her only as Death, but that's not all there is to her or me."

"Say no more, boy. I don't need to know the whole story. I know the feeling." Odin assured me.

Together, Odin and Death eradicated the grand and exalted civilizations of the universe. All except for humans. The needles, spread out across the circumference of the universe, all began to converge. Sweeping the stars clean with ease, any hyper advanced civilizations that may or yet may threaten humanity.

Those that were left, made sure to never challenge humans. All of life was in awe and fear.
Those that were left, await humans to claim their place as the leaders of the new accord.

And so, a new pantheon formed of gods among gods.
All under the wisdom a guidance of the One Above All.
1711825950268.jpeg

Back