History note, the robotics industry for home robos

creedo299

Epochal Historian
Please note at this time, the robotics revolution it seems, had never hit?

There was at this time, ample amounts of computers in every household in the USA, however the want from the general public, to establish a need base,. for their own home robotics assistants, was almost a null want.

Even with a simple form letter start, as sample form letter below, companies by and large at this time, were not interested in starting vast home robotics companies, that would stay in every home in the U.S.A. or other places in the world.

I am wandering, could this lack of application also be connected to the lack of a grand space station orbiting the Earth, which would have served as a embarkation point, to other places in the solar system, by this point in time?

After-all, the American Space Shuttle, had been flying for some twenty years, without any fruitful attempt, to have established a one thousand person occupancy nearEarth space station,; so the thought that somehow the additional lack of application in home robotics comaopny starts, also rises as a lack of misapplication.

There may have been a number of hidden facts for this apparent lack of application into practical use, in both applications?

Sample letter below>>

Sirs' manms'

I would be interested in the potential of a business start, using variants of the Acmesoft Project Server 2000 and 2005, if this project has been updated?

My interest would be to start a company that would assemble and manufacture a personal robotics assistant, for world, however at U.S. based use, first .

Know that the next big revolution, more than likely will be that of homebased robotics assistants.This addition for every household.So business starts and company concerns, might be the very next step, as home based P.C.s are now all over the world, in order to interface with these projected stiles of robots, in order to recieve their needed sets of instructions.

>This concept involves assembling the right company potentials to start this company.
Raw resources and data.
And a finally agreed workable design, to which this small but capable homebased robot, would be able to function as part of most homebased in-house serving networks.

There are other facets to this concept, such as a required ownership familiarization course, a signed agreement, that would liberate the company for any liability, if the end utilize of the bot, does not agree to bot familiarization terms.

I would like to know, in what capacity could the business end of Acmesoft under the Acmesoft Project Server 2000, or 2005, if it is still viable, help me in my business aims start respects?

Most truly, John P. Smith

mid-Nebraska State, near the town of Every-townville

Sony had advertised an SDR Give-out Program on the web, a while back.

Like a fool, I wrote to Japan Sony; "which you aren't supposed to do, as Japan is closed shopped any way"?

I had received a letter back from them, saying that they could not accept my intellectual property idea.

I did a little further research on the SDR give-out program and what I had found on the Geek net.com, via their print, is that their robots, in speech recognition, only speak Japanese so far.

So maybe this program was tailored to Japanese use only.

Sony is making contacts, to Wasseda University in Japan, to further this idea.

I think that they had better sh*t or get off the pot, as the Japanese robotics consortiums, have had these walking robots, for seven years now and still no outlet to the general public.

Not even to well to do people, who could afford the special purchase of one?

I think that they had better sh*t or get off the pot, as the Japanese robotics consortiums, have had these walking robots, for seven years now and still no outlet to the general public.

They have to be able to market walking robots to the general public. It's not profitable to mass produce these robots if there isn't a high demand for them. Wait a while for the technology to become cheaper to build.

Also you sent them an email? - I would love to have read what it said - LOL.

JK, formal letter, not e-mail:

They have had these robots for seven years now.

They are goofing around with them.If the J.T. tale is correct, by the time they start selling them, the world will have ended?

Copy>http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,100924,src,ov,00.asp

Robots Strut and Sell at Japanese Show

A growing population of mechanical attendees rolls into the second Robodex exhibition.

Martyn Williams, IDG News Service
Thursday, May 23, 2002

YOKOHAMA, JAPAN--Robots at this year's Robodex exhibition here did get their wires crossed--figuratively rather than literally--but failed to rampage as some observers had hoped.

Robodex is billed as the world's only exhibition of entertainment robots. It's just the second time the show has taken place (the previous one was in late 2000), and what a jump robot technology has made since then. Sony had its latest robot, the Sony Dream Robot (SDR) on display, dancing and crooning to some type of Hawaiian beat. Honda Motor's Asimo robot was also out to impress people.

As it walked down the center aisle at the finale of the robot show, Asimo bounced slightly from side to side with one hand waving in the air. In fact, Asimo looked as if it knew it was the man and was out trying to pick up any cute girl-robots that were around. Maybe the scent of flowers left by Posy, the flower-girl robot, stoked Asimo's libido.

Like Asimo, Posy is employed in a marketing role--successfully hawking luxury perfume from Guerlain. The metallic flower girl appears in a series of advertisements for a new perfume; according to the company, sales are up and things are going well. Still looking for work is Guard Robot C4 from Sogo Keibi Hosho, which can work as a receptionist during the day and as a security guard at night.

Mixed Signals Stall Bots
But while the Yokohama exhibition was more successful than ever, the growing use of wireless LAN systems caused problems. The wireless LAN channels used to control the robots were assigned before the show; but at show time, some signals leaked onto the show floor and confused the mechanical critters.

Had this been an episode of The Simpsons, the robots might have gone nuts, attacked people, and demolished the building while Bart sat outside with his laptop chuckling. Luckily, life proved to be much more prosaic. A few of the robots refused to move, and one needed a push start to get going. Signs everywhere warned journalists to disable the wireless LANs on their notebook computers and asked visitors to deactivate the Bluetooth functions on their mobile phones. But the renegade signals continued.

At least this was an exhibition, not a contest. Another robot event, the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, involves competition among robotic teams for the RoboCup. The tests range from working as mechanical waiters, to search-and-rescue simulations that may eventually have real-life applications.

Less Form, More Function?

Not all of the robots were humanoid. Sony's prototype Q-Taro, which reacts to its surroundings, is a glowing colored sphere about 7 inches in diameter.
99744-n_051602_asimo.jpg
99744-n_051602_posy.jpg
99744-n_051602_sogo.jpg

Sony describes the device as a "healing creature" designed to foster an emotional connection between humans and robot technology. The Q-Taro's infrared sensors can detect the presence of a person and activate the unit, and its audio sensors enable it to roll around the floor in time to music. Sony has no immediate plans to market the Q-Taro. The company's four-footed Aibos digital dogs, however, are available in several robotic generations.

Bluetooth also appeared in a line of less personable but potentially more practical robots introduced at the show. Toshiba has embedded the wireless system in a range of home appliances, including a refrigerator, a washing machine, and a microwave oven. A home controller, which looks something like a tablet PC, is used to operate the devices.

At least one skeptical consumer wondered why, if you had to walk up to the microwave to put you food inside anyway, you couldn't just use the buttons on the front rather than retreating to the sofa and using your home controller.

Would YOU possibly purchase on of these said robots, Creedo? For let's say, a couple thousand dollars? What kind of robot would you want or need? I KNOW I couldn't afford a gimmick robot that tap-dances and cleans the floor. I mean, I can get a hooker to do that at a fraction of the cost!

I'm one hundred percent ahead, of allot of people, on this board.

I already sent Sony a letter, for their SDR Give-out programs, which is a qualified program, or at least I thought it was.

Got a letter back from them, saying that they thought that I was trying to give them an intellectual property idea?

They said it and advertised it, which is printed from Yahoo's source, as (The SDR Sony Robot Give-out Program), which lets you field test one of their newer line, of robots.

I don't know why they put this out?

I have the letter they sent back.

I think that there was something lost in the translation there.This is as I had found out through a search, that the Japanese Sony Robots voice recognition program, only understands Japanese.

So this must have been an interpretive error on Sony's part?

I Think Sony is one of the best of the Japanese Companies, which promote more of a western stile of corporate thinking, in Japan.

You should not have to fork out more than twenty-one thousand for any walking robot, due to the rapid inflationary curve, placed on all semi-computer[products from Japan.

Remember, they had been asking two thousand dollars ten years ago, for computers that are considered slow and obsolete by today's standards.

So it stands to reason,. that in two years time, that the first models of the Japanese consortium walking robots, when interfaced with the modern home computers, for reporting back to the factories, will have become obsolete?

I'm thinking twenty-one thou, for a walking robot now and with a two year inflaition, one-five for a used.

Yes' I think like a businessman/

In the U.S. they are asking nineteen hundred, for a floor robot, that can only pick up items at floor level, which is fully instrumented.

I'm thinking for one-five, that tou should get a table level fetch, cleaning, chores robot.This bot talks to your home P.C. and recharges itself, rather than nineteen hundred, for a prone to failure unarmored piece of junk.

Japan, has to sh*t or get off the pot? Or someone else, such as Sweden will edge in on this market and chase them completely out!

This is bulls*t, as they've had these bots for about ten years, they can do all sorts of things and they aren't selling them!!!?

This is utter bullsh*t and you and I know this.

Ca'mon sell a few and at least get them out to the world market, instead of the B.S. they are trying to pass off.

Everybody tired of it, when these bots could be put to good use.

For a twenty thou robot, you get a floor walker, that gets breakfast ready for you.

Picks up after parties.

Can fetch the newspaper, or even work a P.C.

In legal liability filtered situations, baby-sit.

Walk the dog or at least tend to it?

Fetch medications and other items for you.

Understand in voice recognition, what your asking and saying to it.

Keep you company, even some conversation.

Answer the door, phones, cell phone, accept mail on the computer.

Clean-up spills, do some levels of lite house maintenance and cleaning.

*There is a liability teaching filter, that the purchasers, lease, or renter, must pass.

This is a four day, two to three hour course, which protects the company or you or your agent, cant get the floor walking robot.

You must sign-off, that if this robot causes a fire, destroys property or malfunctions, that this is not the selling companies fault.

You are also responsible that this robot, every night, self recharges, talks to your household P.C. for next day instructions and all preventive maintenance agreements, by letting this bot talk to its home company, are fulfilled.

Technical:This stile of bot, that would be home ready, would have extra boards in its head.

These would be motherboard sized boards, shrunk down to a four by five rectangle, five of these boards, which would be fully programmable.

Each board would be assigned a certain section of chore or ability worthiness.

So you have five near P.C. capabilitied boards, five of them, in each bots head.

This means without a doubt, you have a bot that can function of at least a fourteen years old's levels, in doing chores and responsibilities.

This bot, through both semi-fuzzy-logic scenarios and natural Xerox PARC found intelligence, would become part of most families around the world.

There would even be human-buddy imprinting scenario. to which thought the process of imprinting, this walking bot, would become like a fried to the owner, as well as it family unit.

Each bot has both a report and locating chip, so they can't be stollen and or pirated to loss.

There is one fuzzy logic chip, which synthesizes all thoughts commands into a priority series of decision making capabilities, so that this bot can sort out important commands first.

Belvie it or not, in two to three years time, the most advanced model that they would put out, would depreciate.

There would be legal suits, of course, however this would be addressed to the liability holding company and not the main manifesting company.

>If I were running distribution, I'm thinking twenty thousand units out, by six month's time and if I could head this Japanese company, they had better get these units out, like I want it, or its window seats for all of their top executives.

This is not a nice Japanese business term.

But in six months, I would have twenty thousand units ready for whoever would have two and a half to pay for them and I'm not kidding.

If they want to let their robots dance in Japan, then fine keep screwing around like that and that's were they will be ten years from now.

If you want twenty thousand units out to allot of homes, then you get me twenty good domo-warriors and a kick-as* technical and legal team and I'll get you those homes filled with a good brand of Japanese walking robots, with a good fourth quarter, to the henchmen accounts, next year?

Creedo:

Put DOWN the bong, and SLOWLY step away from it.

I am not kidding, man. You really are on some wacky tobaccy with these rants. First you slam Burt Rutan, who has more aerospace knowledge and skill in his left big toenail than you have in your entire body, and now you are telling Sony that they don't know what they are doing. Your ego knows no bounds, eh?

If you are so brilliant and capable, why do you need some other company to hire you to do your magic? Someone as brilliant as you make yourself out to be should easily be able to start his own company and secure the venture capital in the blink of an eye. C'mon...let's see Creedo Inc. THEN maybe someone will believe your stories!

RMT

Sony Aibo Entertainment Robot

Found this on Sony's USA website. At least that kind ONE entertainment robot for you, Creedo. It's more of a child's toy than anything else, a robot dog. It also costs about $2000, but at least you don't have to clean up poop. What do you think?

C'mon...let's see Creedo Inc.

LOL... just imagine that.

I think Creedo is lonely and just wants a robot friend to listen to his stories.

From Fred Meyer Store , flyer, page ten, newspaper supplement.

Add titled Find The Computer & Accessories You Need

Compaq Desktop Computer

$549 sale price

-$50 Less mail in rebate

$499 Your price after rebate

1.8Gig Hrtz Sempron 3100 Processor

5.12 DDR Memory

80 Gig Hard-drive

9.1 Card Reader

DVD*/ RW Drive with CD Writer Capability

SR1320 Compaq

Abd $99

HO 1315 Printer

Scan/Copy

4800 X 1200

Optimized dpi. FIN

If you were to show someone in the early 1970s this add, they would have told that a machine such as this, was way, way in the future.

In reference to what I've printed.

High technology can become junk, real fast.

Watch and see what I mean.

RMT, your life stinks and I think that you need to clean it up.

RMT, your life stinks and I think that you need to clean it up.
You say that, and yet I have a job in a high tech industry that you clearly wish you could participate in. You are speaking out of jealousy, and so I think you are really saying that your life stinks, and that your "offers" to help high tech companies with your "brilliance" are your way of trying to clean it up.

For all the whining you do about "closed shops" when you write to Boeing, or NASA, or even Scaled Composites (Burt Rutan's company) asking them for a job, I think you need to come to grips with the reality of the situation: You do not have the academic nor demonstrable experienced-based background that would qualify you for these high tech jobs that you want. What you call a "closed shop" attitude is nothing of the sort if a person with the right credentials (like myself) can get a job at these places.

You are an angry, confused person who wants to work in high-tech jobs without doing the hard work of getting the proper credentials. Four years is all it would take for these "closed shops" to open their doors to you, Dan. If you really want it, that is the right way to go. I just hosted the Cal Poly Aerospace Engineering open house yesterday... lots of eager, young minds who are willing to put in their time and get their degree. And I can tell you that at least one of these students I saw yesterday WILL participate in putting man on Mars.

Creedos in glass houses should not throw stones!
RMT

No Ray, because of social complications, this said industry is closed shop and you know this to be true.

Be very careful what you say here, as its yourself your hitting and I truly mean this.

No Ray, because of social complications, this said industry is closed shop and you know this to be true.
Not true, Dan. Unless what you really mean by "social complications" is not having the appropriate degree.

RMT

Defer all comments to the topic of outletting a home walking robot, to most homes, via a company move, by (*****), in six months time.

Balance equation of deprecation over internally held robotic's modules technologies and pay-out of these owners, communities that would want such a robot?

See mobile floor robots sold in the U.S. now, as far as institutional robots, such as the DARPA projects, showing their halls filled with mobile floor robots and other uses?

Last part of rounded out equations are, what would be supplies of Honda Sony, or other forms of acceptable self sustaining to company reporting robots, walking, to be sold within the United States, inside of a proposed four to ten months, without fail?

*Any other comments in this thread, not dealing with this asked-for discussion on-topic, is considered then, to be off-topic.

Thank you very much!

Creedo,

Have you seen this website > irobot.com
They're selling Roomba robots that cleans the floor for you. Not too expensive either, they cost about the same as a good quality up-right canister vaccuum. Once they upgrade the model, I may purchase one.

Funny, the company that sells these vaccuums also has plans to field robots for military activities as evidenced here > Combat Bots?

Makes you wonder...

Have you seen this website > irobot.com
Heh. Actually, it was when I bought one of these Roombas and wrote a humorous post about it that Creedo suddenly decided that he was a robotics expert and started bashing the irobot guys for not having something more substantial.

AFAIAC, these Roombas are great products. As you say, they are really no more expensive that a large, manually-operated vaccuum. And they do their job well, which is to keep the floor clean of dirt and dog hair! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now, when the day comes that I arrive home from work and the Roomba has a perfect martini mixed for me (shaken, not stirred!) I will let you all know!

RMT

The Rhomba is a good little sweeping bot!

Friends of mine, a Joe and Crystal, have a Rhomba, that lives in their newly remolded kitchen cupboard and can come out though a slot, when it wants to.

Joe is genteel, so he understands how assignments must be followed, him being and ex-mill supervisor, now medical technician.

The bot activates and does its little routine, never missing a corner, or anything else.

The Rhomba, is a good little unit, with a good sence of awareness, of what it has to do?

*Battle-bots are taboo for me.

I have only watched them briefly on some cable programs.

I don't like this, don't want it and wont view it.

This somehow to me, seems to be very wrong.