if you could travel in time, when would you go?

jessacecilia

Temporal Novice
so, hello. i'm new to the whole time travel institute forum thing.

i'm curious ((and don't e-punch me in the face if it has already been asked)) BUT, i'm curious as to where/what century/what time everyone would want to travel back or in the future to.

1500s for me, definitely. i'm kind of obsessed with the whole tudors story - anne boleyn, bastard king henry viii, etc. but then maybe i'd be on the titanic too, because how cool would that be?

I would travel forward to about the year 2100. I will have been dead by about 50 years or so by then (assuming I lived to be abbout 75) and I'd be curious to see how the world continued to change and what technological advances have arisen.

the future would be both interesting and terrifying. it's the complete unknown, whereas you have some inkling of what happened in the past.

i thought of another time i'd go back to after reading your response. my idol, jonathan brandis, took his own life nearly five years ago. if i could, i'd go back to the week before he died and convince him to hang around, that life is a gift.

also, i'd love to have seen queen perform live.

I would go back to 9 months prior to my date of birth and make my Mother take better care of herself (no smoking/drinking/drugs). I would have turned out taller and healthier had she known then what we all know now.

<font color="hotpink"> i would love to go back to the 60's. haight-ashbury style. or maybe the 1920's? all i know is that i would never want to go somewhere that didn't have running water or electricity. :oops: [/COLOR]

Cilia,

Just kidding.

(But that water was cool.
)

Good question, Jessacecilia, and one that I have given some thought.

There may be some areas that I might not want to know the answers.

As an example, when those men claimed to have bagged a Bigfoot, I actually was kind of sad that the mystery may have been solved. Fortunately, they were frauds, thus the mystery continues.

IF I could travel in time, it would be interesting for me to be among the people when Jesus spoke, maybe to be present when He was taken to be crucified, and then to be hidden near His Tomb, watching when He arose after the crucifiction.

I would like to wander around places when they were at the peak of their existence...such as the Roman Empire, or take a journey around South America during the pinnacle of the Mayan Civilization.

I would like to slip into the great libraries around the world, in the past, just before they got destroyed, and save some of the texts and/or scrolls, bringing them back safe and sound for further reading in my time period.

The opportunity to check out many civilizations of the past would be interesting, and that include's those that may have become unknown at this date.

I don't believe I would want to be on the Titanic. I don't believe I could watch all those people die...especially the children. That would be hard to take.

Maybe to explore the ship before it sailed would be a possibility. But not after it had entered the Atlantic.

And the list of people to see would be a long list.

holy jesus hell batman, you really DID give it some thought. i must admit i didn't spend much brainpower on my own question. i'll amend it soon.

quick additions --

i would time travel back to be with rosa parks on that bus so i could give her a high five.

i would go back to 2004 and punch my college roommate in the face when she threw that cup at my head.

i would go back in time to when barbara was pregnant with dubya and would push her down the stairs...a few times.

more to come.

i'm curious ((and don't e-punch me in the face if it has already been asked)) BUT, i'm curious as to where/what century/what time everyone would want to travel back or in the future to.

This depends of one single timeline Theory
ie: this Timeline
2009-lost12.jpg

or multiple parallel timelines/Timeworlds...
2009-lost11.jpg

:D

It hit me today, that one other event that I would "love" to attend in the past would be Woodstock. As a time traveler, what a perfect event to "blend in", sit back and enjoy some good ol' Rock n Roll.

Acting strange at Woodstock surely wouldnt raise any eyebrow's...hmmmm...wonder if there were any time travelers there ?

If I could time travel I'd really like to visit Salviati, Sagredo and Simplico as they dialogued concerning the two new sciences.

For my first trip:

I would wish to arrive on December 12th, 1903. I would enjoy camping on the outer banks of North Carolina over the next five days. I would make sure I brought things with me that I could sell for local currency...enough to buy a camera from a local shop. Without a doubt, I would run across a couple of tinkerers from out of state. Being Ohio boys like me, there would be plenty to talk about with regard to "back home". As the days passed I would take pictures of the oceans and the sand dunes, and build a tent with an inventory of chemicals that I could use to develop the photos. My excitement about being with these two tinkerers would grow as it got closer to December 17th. And then, on that day, I would offer to take a photograph of the project these two gents were working on. It would give me goosebumps, and there is no doubt I would break into tears of joy, to be able to take this photo:

Wright1stFlight.jpg

RMT

I agree totally with you recall.We really cannot imagine going back anywhere in time by leaving behind us such important facts like timelines theories and grandfather paradoxes.I mean noone here in this forum not even my dear fellow Master Mr.Darby could made us truly believe this theories are 100% truthful because they are just simply that my friend: "Theories" so far.Of course unless someone could prove it strongly showing to all of us both videos photographs of his machines,gadgets,manuals,future buildings,etc as i stated before the best weapon anyone can use against eskepticism is real actual evidence of any kind.Nobody knows for sure if time travel is even possible.But if you want me to fantazise about this subject matter i would say that it traveling before 9/11 and warning the top U.S. Gouvernment officials by showing them videos specially the one made by C.N.N. and documentation gotten through wiki about the tragedy then i believe that would be awesome knowing that thanks to my information given by me helped to save thousands of innocent lives in the U.S.A.And also i would like to come into this same forum in the same date(2001)and tell everyone about other disasters happened like the Tsunami in Asia and the Spain metro bombs and Katrina and finally I would advise everyone here to tell all of their friends to vote for Kerry instead of George Walker Disastrous Bush so the world can be Super peaceful and with a financial meltdown avoided like the ond we are seeing now.That would be enough to help me be more famous than Titor:-).Anyhow remember reality is one thing and fantazasing is way too different.Thanks and may you have a great day.ta-ta!!!!