"The future ain't what it used to be."

infinite enrgy from salt water

G

i came up with a way to create infinite energy in an enviormental way......
here goes.....

if you put a magnet over a electricky conducting liqid an electric current is created.

put a large magnet over a saltwater river and extract the elektricity.....

comments? i do not know how it would be built but it is a good theory......

Emaol98

I know it's incredible. My favourite bit is folks:
i do not know how it would be built but it is a good theory......

It is a good thing he's not registered.........

Good Scientist

I think it would be a much better idea to capture cow flatulence. It's methane (a fuel), and preventing its release would also reduce air pollution.

Oh, Not another anonymous dope, or is he tring to take the piss?
Yeah, so you'd capture all this methane and use it as a fuel. Firstly, its a poor fuel, energetically and in the fact that its a gas. Secondly, although you'd be preventing pollution in preventing the release of methane, you'd then be generating CO2 gas anyway, which is a greenhouse gas, which is what I think you meant. I think Methane is a better greenhouse agent than CO2, a positive to be taken from reducing its concentration in the atmosphere, though the CO2 produced undergoes reaction with other pollutants namely other Chloro / Fluro Carbon deriviatives, to produce a worse greenhouse agent.

Sorry about that.

Good Scientist

Just an uninformed thought, 'but seemed at least in the imagination to be plausible -
Why not put research into positive/constructive ways to deal with nuclear waste, and not make it (once a process is established); a waste but a useful by-product?
If that could be firmly established, would then not the further construction of a potential large number of nuclear facilities to fuel the grid not be a consideration?
(Job creation in the science industry should boom in that scenerio? Not to mention I'd think every trade associated - IE. electricians, etc, etc).

Why not put research into positive/constructive ways to deal with nuclear waste, and not make it (once a process is established); a waste but a useful by-product?

Actually--as the British say--that idea seems to me to have merit. Much radioactivity is beta radiation, which is simply ejected electrons. That's energy that is not used because it isn't captured, and radioactive material can be made easily. :D

Back