"The future ain't what it used to be."

Nice place.

rembrandt

Timekeeper
What is your nice place? Mine is from many years ago, just sitting on a bench under a tree on a path on a slope, the bees buzzing around, butterflies flitting back and forth to descend on flowers, then rise again, with the sun blazing down through a canopy of green dancing leaves. Everyone should have at least a little piece of this in their lives. Time travel would be nice indeed if we could all visit our nice places at will.

Very nice visual.

Mine would be a fall day when I was in kindergarten going to school out in the country.
With no knowledge of fact, science or what's what...
The breeze was picking up after a heavy rain on the play ground under an overcast sky -
a very large puddle was being rippled like series of waves - constant patterned movement over
and over.
I remember focusing on the breeze and the water's play together so vividly that it felt like
the breeze was moving right through me, and after a movement - I was moved like the water so much
that I feel over right into the middle of the large puddle and was soaked right through...

That ended the nice feeling lol, teacher asked who pushed me into the puddle, I said "me".

I never saw such a confused look on an adult's face.

Mm... I can think of a number of nice places. Curled up on bed with a nice novel is one. Another is at the top of the hill, watching the river curving its way to the sea, miles away from human inhabitation is another. I am not a misanthrope, but any place far away from civilization is nice enough for me.

Back