"The future ain't what it used to be."

Our Linear Selves - Embedded in a Non-Linear ALL

RainmanTime

Timekeeper
The "answers" of how Science and Spirituality integrate to Create reality are all around us. "The Truth is out there..."

Notes from the First Non-Linear Acadamy Talk

I can even take skin scrapings from the mucus membranes of my mouth, leave them in a petrie dish hooked up to a galvanic monitor. I can then travel a distance of several hundred miles, and if I react in some emotional way to some input, my cells in the petrie dish will react in the same way as my body hooked up to its own galvanic monitor. Signals manifest in different places at the same time. It takes no time for the signal to travel. There is no linear progression and no time.
Time to study-up!
RMT

Linear Selves - Embedded in a Non-Linear ALL

You know, RMT, the title of your post reminds me a little of Don Juan's description of the personality, or tonal as a bubble of perception in the sea of the nagual.

Re: Linear Selves - Embedded in a Non-Linear ALL

Hi PB:
You know, RMT, the title of your post reminds me a little of Don Juan's description of the personality, or tonal as a bubble of perception in the sea of the nagual.
Excellent association, my friend. I agree. In reading the Don Juan series of books by Castaneda, it was quite apparant to me that Don Juan was indeed talking about the difference between linearity and the larger non-linearity. His lessons on "seeing" as a process where you "look in the spaces between things" were the ones that most made me think of a non-linear mode of perception.

It is my thought that a human baby possesses these capabilities to perceive non-linearly, and it is through our education by our parents and other adults that we are taught to focus only on the linear aspects of our senses.

RMT

Re: Linear Selves - Embedded in a Non-Linear ALL

I agree. I still have alot of infant memories and from what I recall, it's much like 360 degree reception through senses (hearing, hot - cold temperatures, etc), until through sight something grabs the attention - shape, color, etc (or an extremity of one of the other senses, loud noise, a pinch...).
Much like what we feel now, just not focused or directed through thought + language.
That's hard to express...thinking without words. I guess it's kinda' like thinking through emotion?
After all, logic is supposed to be something that puts emotion 'in check' ?

Back