TTI and virtual reality

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
A few days ago, Unreal Engine 5 was released:

There are plenty of "horror" VR experiences out there relating to Slenderman and other stuff. This isn't about jump scares or anything like that. This is for curious minds who want a taste of the unknown and an experience created by people who love the thing being experienced.

Through this, we will create the Time Travel Institute as something we can all share and experience. We will travel to interesting places and explore strange worlds. There is a backstory to the "TTI Expanded Universe" that I've been working on for quite some time, and I'm excited to share it with you soon :)

If you could have any time travel or paranormal experience, what would you choose?

Stuff like this is what I want to create:

How cool would it be to drive around downtown HIll Valley in your DeLorean? I'd build it myself as none of these meet TTI's exacting standards for Back to the Future canon.

The interface looks so similar to Adobe Premiere Pro that it gives me PTSD. You might be aware that people have made GTA hacks for the DeLorean and/ or BTTF DeLorean -

Titor game built in UE5 sounds cool! Hope it wouldn't get opportunistic action from certain alleged stakeholders in the story.

The interface looks so similar to Adobe Premiere Pro that it gives me PTSD. You might be aware that people have made GTA hacks for the DeLorean and/ or BTTF DeLorean -

Now that would be entertaining. I suppose if nobody's gone after Steins'Gate, they won't come after me. Steins;Gate actually makes somebody money LOL.

For real though, anything I made like that would be more like Easter eggs (timely!) or fanservice. Fulfilling a sequence of events that Titor did and realizing "hey....", or having a closet full of 5100s your "predecessor" collected. Stuff like that would be more fun than a straight adaptation. I'm more referring to the game I've got in mind than the VR experiences here, but you get the gist :p

As far as Back to the Future, I love the idea of building out an explorable Hill Valley. No real "game" in it, just the parts of their world that we know and ways to have a little fun. Fish the almanac out of the dust bin, find Biff's broken cane in the gutter outside Hilldale. Make Doc's Rube-Goldberg machine dump some more food on the floor for @Einstein . I think stuff like this can put the "Institute" in TTI in that we figure out ways to travel through cyberspace and time to study and experience mysterious phenomenon or fun things like this.

Excelsior!