Mathematical historian predicts civilization will collapse in the 2020s

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Cosmo posted a new blog entry

Mathematical historian predicts civilization will collapse in the 2020s

spacer.png

The rise and fall of civilisations can be predicted by a simple equation, and our civilisation is in for a fall some time soon.

This is according to Peter Turchin, from the University of Connecticut, who says mathematics can explain human behaviour far more accurately than you might think.

And if his calculations are correct, the world should be prepared for years of political turmoil that will peak at some point in the next century.

With the way the mainstream media is poisoning us against ourselves, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

See this post on the main site.

The rise and fall of civilizations can be predicted by a simple equation
With our civilization it's a life and death situation, with little option for failure.I do not feel after seeing front page headlines that we're going into another ice age and noting that this news is one, obfuscated and changed and two that in order for this race to continue, that it must stay on the surface.
A few situations must rise out of this master control situation around the participants. One is to let some aspects of this society go int space colonization-fraternization with other cultures as free men & woman and to allow parts of the new direction to influence the rest of the population.

What's coming out about a lot of this master e.t. races, is that they seem to have an addiction problem to over-use of genetic engineering.To the, this practice does act as an addiction and nobody of course wants to put up with the problems of not being optimal.

So what the master control situation distills down to, is something similar to where one person can't swim and the person that it trying to rescue the other, either has to punch the other to save them, or not save them at all.We are overpopulated here, but all of this predicament that we're in, is not all of our own doing.

Don't you think it odd that the U.S. has had a space shuttle program for some twenty years and out of that venture no one industry does not have a quality vehicle that can in some way simulate the performance of that shuttle; but maybe in another style?

If we're truly are in an ice age as the Bush era said we're going into, then we really must straighten out this situation and I mean fast.

Sounds a lot like Psychohistory :

Psychohistory is a fictional science in Isaac Asimov's Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people, such as the Galactic Empire. It was first introduced in the three short stories (1942–1944) which would later be collected as the 1951 novel Foundation.

Psychohistory (fictional) - Wikipedia

I'm reading Asimov's Prelude to Foundation right now, it's awesome.

Global warming vs. Ice Age? In the 70's the same folks claimed we were entering a new Ice Age, and then it was Global Warming. Do you folks see a pattern here? My view is it would take much more then human intervention to bring about such a major long term weather change. Man will never fly and the earth is flat groups have always been around, but now they seem to be receiving more TV and radio air time? Back in my day we just called them stupid, but today they are presented as men of great science! If the first casualty of war is the truth, we may be on the verge of another world war and civil unrest. The world economy is in deep trouble because our trusted leaders have exorcised very poor judgment for many years. People are starting to point fingers are them and they need to save themselves by redirecting the blame elsewhere. The democrats have done this with expelling 35 diplomats as a way to have us look away from their failures. The sad part may be that the general dumb public will fall for it hook line and sinker!

Robot replied,

Does this count?
The cost that your'e getting people up there is at a pretty penny.It would be that only selected people get to ride in those vehicles. They also do not have a cargo carrying capacity that is anywhere useful.So in my purview, no, more icing, than the rest of the substance of the should-be cake.
To Num 7, thanks.

Walt said,

Global warming vs. Ice Age? In the 70's the same folks claimed we were entering a new Ice Age, and then it was Global Warming. Do you folks see a pattern here? My view is it would take much more then human intervention to bring about such a major long term weather change.
I think it really is an ice age.The secondary indicators are dogs and cats talking.A bunch of odd things that the supposedly lower animals are starting to do.Make your own conclusion Walt, but in an ice age, you also get a good shot of evolution and this is all across the board.So I would tend to go with the ice age warning that first came from the Bush regimes.Thanks for you comment, Walt.
Note on the vid, it's just not dogs showing these new abilities.

The cost to move items into space? My science teacher was the brother-in-law of Phil Corso that shared super secret information with me back in 1965. One of the things I was told was our government was working on the aliens anti-gravity drive system. From 1965 they must now have had a working craft? It would most likely still be way past top secret? We just don't know things we don't know, so all we can do is guess about the cost to deliver items into space!

The cost to move items into space? My science teacher was the brother-in-law of Phil Corso that shared super secret information with me back in 1965.
I spent years working as a Dupont Contractor in a R&D facility. All of Dupont fibers including Kevlar, are highly detailed in their development and evolution. I found Corso less than credible in his claim that Alien Technology gave us Kevlar.
It wasn't a leap in technology that gave us Kevlar, it was a logical progression with existing polymers.

I also feel the same about the laser, looking at it's logical development. Just my .02

Last edited by a moderator:
Num 7 said,

Sounds a lot like Psychohistory :Psychohistory is a fictional science in Isaac Asimov's Foundation universe which combines history, sociology, and mathematical statistics to make general predictions about the future behavior of very large groups of people, such as the Galactic Empire. It was first introduced in the three short stories (1942–1944) which would later be collected as the 1951 novel Foundation.
What is known and through backtracking of some evidence given, is that other world civilizations and dynasties, may go back in the many millions of years.But if they were benevolent, that is not the case with this society we live in now.
When USAF ret. Col. Wendelle Stevens wrote his second book of the, { UFO Contact From The Pleiades book two }, series, he included the abduction for sperm seed encounter with Lyle the Minnesotan within that book.We have the Pleiadeans as probable overseers to this society, however what the problem is and their attachment to us includes, is that they are in genetic replication trouble.

Where this problem might be, is that when any one society uses genetic engineering to a certain point, that civilization develops blocking bars within the internal structures of its DNA.So this would mean, that our probable overseers, have trouble themselves.

So in this sense their attachment to use, seems to be parasitic and we are neither free of them, or they us.In the Foundations series, which I feel the artistic imagination platen may have come from the past, these past civilization might have done way better than us, as our society divest now.

I feel that some of these more past recent great societies, may have fallen into the patterns of many great wars.I also feel, more or less KNOW, that this is where the Star Wars series had come from.What I have said here about the Star Wars series has been said before both on media and as expressed odd occurrences happening within this society, that seem to parallel particulars of those past civilizations.

It seems that we have not only inherited their imagination, but their problems as well.So we can't truly say, "This is all of our fault".

spacer.png

Last edited by a moderator: