"The future ain't what it used to be."

Can someone truly build a working time machine?

heh.
since your time machine will be stationary,you will move along with the earth as it moves over time...like a rock sitting on the ground...
simply make it to be as like the one depicted by HG Wells,it moved throw a sequence,not just zapping the user instantly to the time he requested...

Fast Out

There were some experiments some years back that flew atomic clocks over the Earth in jet planes. The clocks went slower because they were farther away from Earth's gravity and respective time dilation. (To paraphrase relativity, big massive objects slow time down) Flying in an air plane for 12 hours and gaining that "nanosecond" of youth sounds a lot easier than building a teleporter.

Trevor
[email protected]

Building a time machine is yet to come in the distant future but mankind will advance to this stage one day. I have been researching Quantum Physics for over 40 years and it is a very involved process. One must exceed the speed of light transconducting enough light years to fade ones past and step into the future. Even if a "time machine" were built traveling through time could be very dangerous if the quatriatic ventrals were too high whic could cause death. I hate to bust your bubble but even if mankind created a time machine we simply couldn't use it because the speed of light is too high and voids the properties of the human body-in other words we would melt.

well before trying to get a machine, and don't worry i would love to time travel too but we need to find out if it is possible yet

Prof. Doak-

After studying Quantum Physics for 40 years,
Do you beleive exceeding the speed of light is the only way one can time travel?
If so, what do you think of converting the matter to energy to travel at the speed of light and back to matter again in another place/time?
you wouldnt happen to work for BNL would ya?
-pamela
happy.gif

Back