"The future ain't what it used to be."

Hmm...What is THAT ?

KerrTexas

Timekeeper
Watching a show entitled " Ancient Aliens " on the History Channel the other night, they were showing different stone carvings of ancient gods, such as Zeus, Apollo, along with some others, when the following image came up. Although the narrator didn't mention it, I noticed something seemingly odd on the image of this particular "god's" wrist. Caught my attention so much that I took a picture of it.

Although there could be an easy answer as to what it is this "god" is wearing on his wrist, still opens up the can of curiosity of wanting to know "exactly"; " What is that ? "

IMGP1842.jpg

Perhaps it is a bracelet?
It does look very watch like, but the way the lines go all the way to the middle remind me of things like this
zuni_cluster_bracelets.jpg

On a side note, was this Greek episode knew or something, I've only seen the Egyptian/Aztec ones?

The episode was part of a marathon during the Thanksgiving Holiday...so don't know if it was new or not.

Yes, I would assume that it is merely a bracelet of some type, perhaps with a Sun symbol on it. I wasn't really paying attention, so missed "who" this carving was of...although it is of a "god" from the Middle-Eastern/Mediterranean region from ancient times.

I have been trying to find a better image of this carving, to get a closer look at the details of the wrist piece. It hasn't escaped my notice that he is also wearing an earring and necklace, so this "god" does seem to be adorned with jewelry, however, I find it odd that he isn't shown wearing any rings on his fingers.

Going on the theory, that there is usually "some truth" behind most myths, and that whomever this particular "god" is, did have some elements that made him notable, as well as powerful. The primary focus of this particular episode was the similarities of the various "gods" tools. Zeus, and his lightening bolt; Odin, and his spear ; Thor, and his hammer ; Poseidon, and his Trident.

That each of these tools seemed to be device's that emitted energy was suggested.

In "that" context, although not mentioned during the show, the object on this "gods" wrist, has some intriguing features.

KT,

The one thing that it is not is a clock - unless for some reason ancient Egypt decided to change from their base-10 math to base-20. It appears that there are 20 inserts around the outer edge of the bracelet.

Sure, base-10 is no more fundamental than any other base for math and there are other math bases that are better than base-10. In any case the bracelet isn't a base-12 watch.

Cubikdice:

Thank-you for the reply with the image and the links. Very interesting, and also provided a avenue for further research. :)

Darby:

Yes, I agree with you, the rossette on the bracelet is not a watch. However, there is an on-going debate as to what the symbolism actually means relative to the various images of the full panel that includes the one I saw on the History Channel.

The image as posted above is actually part of a full panel of an Assyrian Relief. It is thought that the relief was created approx. 883-859 BC.

In researching further on the Assyrian relief's in general, the meaning of the different components don't have a definitive census. Similar, and the same symbolism is found elsewhere ( including India ), so the "exact" meaning is obscure.

In the panel as posted below, it is said that the image in the center represents the Tree of Life, but there are some that proclaim that to be a false interpretation. So...depending on which interpretation you read, the rosette worn on the wrist of the : 1)Genii and/or 2) Annunaki deva may be representative of astronomical symbolism, Tree-of-Life geometry, fertility and blessings for the Kings of Assyria ( which are the figure's closest to the "Tree" ), or something entirely different.

It is also suggested that the figure as seen on the History Channel is Enlil, who eventually becomes Zeus in other civilizations.

There also are suggestions that Ezekiel was also connected in some way to these images. The Wheel-within a-Wheel symbolism as written by Ezekiel.

The figure also is said to be the fore-runner of " Guardian Angels. " The winged figure, holding a sponge/pine cone/pomegranate/something entirely different, in one hand, and a bucket in the other, is applying "blessings/fertility/immortality/divine protection " to the Assyrian King.

Wanting to know "what is that ? " ; Turned out to be a can of worms.

800px-Stitched_an.jpg

Cubikdice:

Thank-you for the reply with the image and the links. Very interesting, and also provided a avenue for further research.

Until recently, I came across a few new or latent videos of Dr. Jonathan Reed's close encounter of the third kind and may be worthy of further research. He went on to describe an artifact he recovered during October, 1996. That the bracelet is designed with needles to puncture the nervous system, forming a biological connection with the bearer and them and/or the device. Maybe ancient gods wore similar devices that would only appear to be mere treasures/jewellery to their followers, but underneath held deeper value. Now I'm not trying to support or incite belief into his story but it nonetheless adds an interesting theory to this subject matter.

Reed demonstrates wearing the artifact on live TV:

and some of his footage of the close encounter:

Documentary (Part 1 of 14):

Edit: someone has informed me elsewhere that through their research, they understood the video where Reed supposedly demonstrates wearing the device was faked to drive people into believing his story and that it wasn't a working example of the bracelet...

Interesting theory regarding the bracelet(s); That they may have been used for some sort of energy manipulation, whether that be biological or otherwise.

Dr. Reed's videos are questionable. I mean, if either of us made such a discovery, you certainly would hear more than just heavy breathing on any kind of sound recording device.

And that he wrapped the alien up in foil ? I don't know about you, but, I don't have any foil like that at the ready...um...I do have some 2.5 mil trash bags and some 3 mil black plastic sheeting ( when the wind blows roof tiles off during a storm ), but no large sheets of foil.

However, following some sort of line of reasoning, there are several factors that have to be taken into consideration:

1) The Earth is approx. 3-4 Billion Years Old ( Age of the Earth/USGS )

To suggest that within such a span of time, that there never has been any advanced civilizations prior to "us" seems somewhat "egotistical".

2) There is "some truth" in ancient myths and legends.

The cliche ; " We have met the aliens, and they are us ! " ; Come's to mind.

That the "gods" are simply individuals that had " legendary traits " seems plausible. Cycles of advanced civilization's that flourished and for whatever reason, experienced cataclysm, or almost complete annilation, having only small groups of survivors continuing into the next cycle of growth of civilization(s).

There are anomalies relative to certain civilizations that have been found through-out the world. The Karankawa are one of those...warriors that were described to stand as much as 7 feet tall.

I found this excerpt to be fascinating :

" Finding Cabeza de Vaca lost and frightened when washed ashore on Galveston Island with the few survivors of the ill-fated Pánfilo de Narváez Expedition, the Karankawa sat down and wept with them. "

Why would the Karankawa warriors, considered to be extremely fierce and ruthless, sit down with de Vaca and his men, who had made their way to the beach after a tragedy at sea, and weep ?

Perhaps because of something in the Karankawa's memories of their own experiences ?

I find it ironic that we have had discoveries, such as the sunken city off the Coast of Cuba, which stirred up the pot, so to speak, in the first part of the decade, and seemingly has come to a grinding halt. ( Lost City Found by ocean engineer Paulina Zelitsky ; Havana, 14 May 2001 Reuters of London )

That Paulina Zelitsky found "Atlantis", may be a stretch, igniting the imagination,( and a few author's book sales ), however, that she may have discovered some sort of evidence of an ancient city that we don't know about would seem to warrant additional research. But, no one has really done much of anything with the discovery, lately. And any attempt's to find out "why" there hasn't been any further research, is very difficult. Inquires are met with all kinds different "excuses".

I find it interesting that such a city might exist, and then we have a tribe of "Native American's" that don't really seem to be all that "native" to their environment. Especially considering that they settled along the Coastline of what is now Texas.

So, where did the Karankawa come from ?

Then there is Puma Punku in Tiahuanco.

Puma Punku

Whether aliens helped build these structures, or not, the question of " how " still remains.

The builders at Puma Punku obviously knew more about construction techniques than has been thought an ancient group "should" know.

And, there are numerous other anomalies that exist world-wide.

That the "gods" of this cycle of civilization, may simply be individuals that were of advanced civilizations from a previous cycle seems possible, to me, anyway.

IF, for whatever reason, our civilization was reduced by extreme measures, and I stress, " extreme ", and the period of time to recover spanned several thousands of years...would there be a new set of "gods", based on the memories of "this"( current ) cycle of civilization ?

As much as we would like to believe that our civilization(s) would not become near extinct, does not mean that it won't happen.

What would a small group of survivors of a catastrophic event do to pass along knowledge to future civilizations in a new cycle ?

re. "Doctor Reed" you might want to check out this series of articles ar UFO Watchdog:

Jonathan Reed

I will have a read, thanks!

Dr. Reed's videos are questionable. I mean, if either of us made such a discovery, you certainly would hear more than just heavy breathing on any kind of sound recording device.

I would imagine I'd be under just as great distress after what he witnessed - his dog being horrendously torn apart and vaporized. He turned on the camera after knocking out the alien life form and instinctively tried to record the event to prove if it was really happening. Using it as a tool to hold onto any sense of reality he once had, to keep himself sane.

I'm guessing (according to his story and what I know) as soon as he realized and uncovered the (now undeniable) truth that aliens exist, before he knew it, his records of ever having been employed at a hospital or having a degree, were "disappeared" (citizenship). There's supposedly 38 levels above top secret (17, the President's) and who knows what the higher echelon's are capable of.

And that he wrapped the alien up in foil ? I don't know about you, but, I don't have any foil like that at the ready...um...I do have some 2.5 mil trash bags and some 3 mil black plastic sheeting ( when the wind blows roof tiles off during a storm ), but no large sheets of foil.

Unless you're an avid hiker in the woods and (for example) attended a seminar on survival in the event of a forest fire, I'd possibly pack flame retardant foil, just in case...

Note: the alien life form was measured to be only 4-5 feet
Order decorating articles online via the Dekowoerner shop – autumn decorations, shop window decorations, Christmas decorations and shop interior.

1) The Earth is approx. 3-4 Billion Years Old ( Age of the Earth/USGS )

To suggest that within such a span of time, that there never has been any advanced civilizations prior to "us" seems somewhat "egotistical".

&

I find it ironic that we have had discoveries, such as the sunken city off the Coast of Cuba, which stirred up the pot, so to speak, in the first part of the decade, and seemingly has come to a grinding halt. ( Lost City Found by ocean engineer Paulina Zelitsky ; Havana, 14 May 2001 Reuters of London )

That Paulina Zelitsky found "Atlantis", may be a stretch, igniting the imagination,( and a few author's book sales ), however, that she may have discovered some sort of evidence of an ancient city that we don't know about would seem to warrant additional research. But, no one has really done much of anything with the discovery, lately. And any attempt's to find out "why" there hasn't been any further research, is very difficult. Inquires are met with all kinds different "excuses".

I would have to agree, scientists are uncovering new species both fossilized and living. It remains a question whether certain types of discoveries would be suppressed, set aside and forgotten or covered up to discourage the possibilities of any other advanced civilizations prior to us.

Good points.

Forgot about the Emergency Thermal Blankets.

Yes, I suppose that the shock of such an event would render some people speechless. I would have thought that there would have been some " OMG's! " and possibly some explicatives, as well. But then, different people react differently to different situations.

...who knows what the higher echelon's are capable of.

True enough.

There certainly are questionable behaviours of some folks relative to specific discoveries, especially if anything found does not meet the status quo.

Back