'Time Traveler' from 2105

Uh huh.... The earliest citation in the wiki is 97.... that comic was 95...But I was wrong about the wording... The exact wording was.. "Star wars rules again in 97"

I was way off base with that own thing... My bad. ...

Uh huh.... The earliest citation in the wiki is 97.... that comic was 95...But I was wrong about the wording... The exact wording was.. "Star wars rules again in 97"

I was way off base with that own thing... My bad. ...

It's OK anybody can make a mistake....but how wild would that be if you DID find a bona fide Prochronism that no one could be in any doubt about..awesome

but how wild would that be if you DID find a bona fide Prochronism that no one could be in any doubt about..awesome

This is not really a prochronism as such, but an interesting and thought provoking few sentences. In 1997, Art Bell had on his show a man called Jonathon (nicknamed single-seven). This guy claimed to be from the future; 2063 to be exact. Anway, Jonathon makes quite a remarkable comment about how the english language has evolved in the future from where he is allegedly from. Listen carefully from 8:30secs-9:15secs, bearing in mind this was broadcast in 1997. What do you make of it? What logical explanation can be applied here?

WTF are the MIM? MEM? the fudge?

I listen to coast to coast on occasion... I'll always be a midnight listener at points in the life.... Never heard this... da fucks a mim?

Forget about the mim for a moment. Don't you find it intriguing what he had to say about the use of acyronyms, in the english language, in his alleged future (bearing in mind this was broadcast in 1997)?

Yes indeed. This guys foresight and prediction in terms of the development of the English language was quite impressive, to say the least.

We had plenty of acronyms back in the 90s. You down with OPP yeah you know me. LOL, LMFAO, ROFLM, BRB, AFK all majorly in place before this interview.

We had plenty of acronyms back in the 90s. You down with OPP yeah you know me. LOL, LMFAO, ROFLM, BRB, AFK all majorly in place before this interview.

This guy predicted that acronyms would be overly used in the future (as he alleges he is a time-traveller). Also can you provide examples that the acronyms you cite were majorly in place during the 90's.

That's pretty vague evidence for time travel. By your notion we should be heralding Arthur C Clarke and Ray Kurzweil, these guys must be time travelers for all the stuff they predicted much more specific then saying people use acronyms in the future which could be predicted by any anthropologist.

That's pretty vague evidence for time travel. By your notion we should be heralding Arthur C Clarke and Ray Kurzweil, these guys must be time travelers for all the stuff they predicted much more specific then saying people use acronyms in the future which could be predicted by any anthropologist.

For the record, I don't believe time travel is possible. Imo, I found it impressive that this guy predicted that in 2063, acronyms would be overly used. As things currently stand in 2014, his prediction is right on track. I have come across no anthropologist making such a prediction. I have only come across one thing, which could be considered somewhat similar. In a short story by Harlan Ellison (1964), the author anticipated what everyday English speech would be like in the future, which consisted among other things, acronyms (but not the acronym use that is currently permeating the english language). But as for this guy being a time-traveller; no, I do not believe he is.

Sorry Mylo I just disagree, it's not that mind blowing of a prediction, do a search you can find plenty of academics and such talking about the increasing use of acronyms in our language here is one from 2001 as a first result

Writing Concise Sentences

A special breed of redundancy is proliferating in our modern world as we increasingly rely on abbreviations and acronyms in the busyness of our technology. Some people insist it is redundant to say "ATM machine" because ATM means Automated Teller Machine. They add that it is redundant to say "HIV virus" because HIV means Human Immunodeficiency Virus, "AIDS syndrome" because AIDS means Acquired ImmunoDeficiency Syndrome, "CPU unit" because CPU means Central Processing Unit. It sounds particularly silly when we come up with a plural such as "CPU units" — Central Processing Unit units. It is perhaps too easy to get caught up in this, however. "CD disk" can be redundant, but nowadays the abbreviation CD can refer to a number of things, including the machine itself. Occasionally, an abbreviation — like CD, ATM — becomes more of an idea unto itself than a shortened version for a set of words, and the abbreviation ought to be allowed to act as modifier.

It's really not that impressive of a prediction, more like captain obvious to me really.