Alternate forms of energy vehicles:

Creeds:

And you've taken an LED laser pointer, and had shown this pointer, upon a solar cell, to look for an increase in electrical output?
Ummm...OK. Let's say you do this. Laser pointers have power outputs of less than 5 milliWatts. And they are driven by AA batteries. So if you take 1000 laser pointers, and 2000 AA batteries, and shine them at solar panels, you will put a whopping 5 Watts into the solar array. And that means you will get less than 5 Watts of power out of the array to drive some load. So what are you accomplishing here? Why not just hook up the AA batteries to the load, and that way you don't lose the power in the two conversion processes?

What I like about the solar cells, is that they are always on, so can always feed power to your collection systems.
OK, great. But that power you are feeding into them has to come from somewhere. Solar cells do not amplify power, they only convert it. In fact, they actually slightly attenuate the input power, due to the losses of conversion.

The other point I'm after, is a D.C. operated solar cell.
All solar cells produce DC power, so help me understand your point. My solar cells on my roof must pass through a static inverter to convert them to 120 VAC at 60 Hz before hooking to my circuit breaker box. And by the way, there are losses of power through the static inverter which creates heat.

What would be the inversion utility and how would you convert the output of a tessla coil, to viable usable power, that could be inverted and sent back into the energy poll?
A Tesla coil requires power as an input to produce output. Again, this is not a power creator, but it simply converts it... and experiences losses in the process.

I'm thinking and inductor of some sort.
Nope, more heat loss in an inductor. But it will create a neat little magnetic field.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, Creeds, but these ideas are not practical for achieving what you say you want to achieve.

RMT

I still have my eye on the M.E.G. There has been a patent issued. But I don't see investors scooping it up. There is some technology here with the high voltage spikes keeping the battery in a state of full charge.

My favorite energy producer is the funnel cone generator concept. A giant funnel cone would have higher air presseure at its base. The differential air pressure could be vented through power generators. Of course it is just a machine that actually robs heat out of the air. But I could see lots of these springing up in desert climates.

Hi Einstein,
My favorite energy producer is the funnel cone generator concept.
Yes indeed. Quite an interesting shape, wouldn't you say? Inward spiral, huh?
And how interesting that this is the shape that tornadoes, dust devils and hurricanes form.
But I could see lots of these springing up in desert climates.
Agreed. The larger the thermal gradients you can tap into, the more energy that can be extracted.

RMT

Important:In the making of electric autos, from junked or converted personal autos, it must be figured, as to whether a weight saving program can be enacted?

This means all that is not necessary, is removed and only the basic frame is allowed.

Remember, in crafting your new electric vehicle, you will not have that big horsepower engine, within your vehicle to pull along extras.

Hey RMT

I got this idea from either a Popular Mechanics or Popular Science magazine. In it a guy came up with a concept for running a pipe from a valley to outside the valley. Air pressure in a valley is supposed to be higher. So the differential air pressure is used to run an electrical generator.

But fluids and gasses running through pipes pretty much behave the same way. By increasing or decreasing the outlet on a pipe, the fluid or gas pressure flowing inside the pipe goes up or down. So the engineering mathematics for this concept already exists. Gravity provides the driving force. It would take a very large structure to get an appreciable amount of increased air pressure to drive the electrical generators. But pressures of 10 atmospheres could easily be obtained. Just make the surface area at the bottom of the funnel pipe about one tenth that at the top. The slope of the pipe should probably be kept at a small angle. 100 square feet at the bottom would dictate how tall the structured pipe would have to be. I suppose it is possible to even figure out how much power could be extracted from one of these generators all on paper. It's a natural source of free energy waiting to be tapped. And it kills several birds with one stone. It would eliminate the need for nuclear powered generators. It doesn't produce pollution. It sucks heat out of the air during the power generation phase resulting in global cooling which could offset the current global heating crisis we are in.

Now this technology already is being used in reverse. In nuclear power plants there is a structure called a cooling tower. All it is is an inverted funnel with the large end on the ground and the small end on top. Because it is inverted the air pressure at the bottom of the tower is lower. The atmospheric head pressure at the top of the tower is divided over a larger surface area at the base. Lower air pressure translates into cooler air. The normal sea level air pressure flows inward at the base and upward creating the cooling effect. So the concept does work. But how much does it cost? Pollution free. Cost shouldn't be an object.

Creedo

If the M.E.G. does get off the ground, weight might not be an object. A smaller vehicle would cost less in the long run because it would have less battery replacement requirements. But larger vehicles could be constructed. The M.E.G. keeps the batteries in a state of full charge. But I suppose the batteries will still have to be periodically replaced. Untill someone invents a battery that can withstand recharging indefinitely.

Hi Einstein,

As usual, you have some intriguing ideas that I'd like to explore with you. But also as usual, I've got to model them with diagrams and equations to get the full picture. HOWEVER... in this case, hydrostatics and hydrodynamics are a mainstay of my expertise in aerodynamics... with atmospherics a primary foundation.

So if you are willing to work with me, and help dissect your words such that we can develop the math models of what you are talking about, we can investigate this capability on our own. Don't worry, I've got the basic relations and I can do most of the "heavy lifting" when it comes to the math. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will admit that I have just browsed through your discussion here, and that I don't understand everything you are saying. But I can definitely tell you the three basic modeling elements we will need to study this, and they can all be modeled in Excel or MATLAB with ease. Those elements are:

1) ICAO Standard Atmosphere - There are 3 different versions of this model (Arctic, Temperate, and Tropic standard days), but they all model the atmosphere based on linear gradients and constant temperature regions with respect to altitudes above sea level. So with this model on a standard day (sea level values are fixed) or even for non-standard days, the model will tell you the following characteristics of the static airmass:
a) Total Temperature (= static temp for velocity=0)
b) Total Pressure (= static press for velocity=0)
c) Air density
d) Speed of Sound

2) The Bernoulli Equation (Energy equation written in the form of fluid pressures. It accounts for head pressures, static pressures, and dynamic pressures at any two distinct conditions.)

3) The Continuity Equation (Quite simply, the fact that the product of fluid density, velocity, and a conduit's cross sectional area remains constant for steady flow... we call this mass flow rate).

Since I will be on vacation (but out of SoCal) all this coming week, I may be out of internet touch. However, I will try to convert your descriptions into some engineering diagrams and math models. If I can reach you while out of town, I will post here. If not, we can pick up when I get back.

Are you up for this?
RMT

Creedo divest interest in this thread to the point, of unless you can get it from a junk-pile, build it in one to two months, then I'm not intrested in it.

RMT

Since I will be on vacation (but out of SoCal) all this coming week, I may be out of internet touch. However, I will try to convert your descriptions into some engineering diagrams and math models. If I can reach you while out of town, I will post here. If not, we can pick up when I get back.

Are you up for this?

Yes, definitely. I don't quite know how to figure out the head pressure. Although at 14.7 lbs/in^2 at sea level, I suspect that a large diameter inlet will definitely increase head pressure. But I can see a couple of variables that do detract from the output power available. I think you have the gist of what I am talking about. Basically it is just a giant funnel. The surface area at the mouth of the funnel is just like a large pipe conducting a fluid. And just like in a pipe as the diameter grows smaller the fluid pressure and velocity goes up. Now I know that higher air temperature will result in lower air pressure. Also some type of data chart with the rate at which atmospheric pressure falls off with height would definitely figure in. And then I do believe there would be some loss due to the small angle or slope of the pipe. But how big a structure would be necessary to produce enough head pressure to say run a one megawatt generator? Such a simple question. Figuring out the answer will be fun. Like what would the optimum pipe angle slope be? There would be structural limits that would put a cap on how much atmospheric pressure could safely be contained within a large structure at the base. Also I do want to point out that I do suspect a structure as big as a mountain might be what we calculate out to be. But like I said before, it is free energy waiting to be tapped. Of course the projected yields can be scaled down too. But somewhere in the calculated yields an optimum power generating solution can be configured.

Creedo

Creedo divest interest in this thread to the point, of unless you can get it from a junk-pile, build it in one to two months, then I'm not intrested in it.

Just aquire an old golf cart. I think they can do speeds up to 30 MPH. Hook up an M.E.G. to the battery and drive it till battery replacement time. Probably a couple of years time on the batteries. I don't know all the info on the M.E.G. construction. But I do believe some of the info is at the Naudin site. And you could definitely look up the patent info. Most of your time spent would be hooking up the M.E.G. system to keep the batteries charged. And what is so cool is who would ever suspect an old golf cart is being run by free energy. Just don't tell anyone and you'll be the only one on the block with no gasoline bill.

Neighbor has a golf cart, no.

> E, I already know how to do this.

Im just trying to help others, to see this potential.

You can take an old import, take out allot of the items that you don't need and then start to work from there.

You need a sid-saddle transmission and then an e-motor, to pull the current out of your storage battery.

The part you guys did not work out yet, is the modification of the solar cells, with laser diodes.

I think that you will get a vc certain extra percentage out of the s-cells this way.

The gneral idea, to to have a milti-cap feed, so that your potential always stays high.

The table-top tessla, can be made to feed a set of long rod inductors, to convert to d.c. for battery storage.

You need a three eight-six or better, small p.c. board, for electrical distribution, of where everything is supposed to go.

In the future, Earth will have become a very inhospitable place to exist.

Please think over what Im saying here?

Creedo

The part you guys did not work out yet, is the modification of the solar cells, with laser diodes.

I think that you will get a vc certain extra percentage out of the s-cells this way.

The gneral idea, to to have a milti-cap feed, so that your potential always stays high.

The table-top tessla, can be made to feed a set of long rod inductors, to convert to d.c. for battery storage.

You need a three eight-six or better, small p.c. board, for electrical distribution, of where everything is supposed to go.

It seems as though you are speculating on a possible way to keep the batteries charged. But a way already exists. The M.E.G. does this. Also an older version of the M.E.G. was the Gray motor. The reason this newer technology isn't catching on is because it is fringe area science. The inventors don't go to the trouble to tie it together in a coherent manner with existing science. So it gets ignored by mainstream science. It caught my interest because the U.S. patent office granted a patent for the M.E.G. It does work. All it is is a device that feeds high voltage pulses to a battery out of circuit. The battery in the circuit is rotated periodically with the out of circuit battery. Apparently the high voltage pulses restore the charge on the battery that is out of circuit. This is a whole new way to recharge a battery. And apparently it seems as if the energy transfer back and forth never seems to run down. It's almost like a spring bouncing back and forth from compression to expansion. The reason I'm interested in this is because it ties in with my experiments with discharging capacitors. My low voltage capacitor discharge device seems to produce an antigravity like effect. In my tesla coil a high voltage capacitor discharges producing a gravity field effect. So somewhere between the low voltage and high voltage is a zero point. But the high voltage is on the other side of zero. It's almost as if when a battery discharges it becomes time dilated. Using the high voltage pulses restores the battery charge to normal time dilation. This is just an alternate theory I have on battery operation. But I believe this method of power usage is much more viable than fuel cell technology. Definitely cheaper. You provide the electric vehicle with batteries and just add on the two to five hundred dollar custom designed M.E.G. unit and you're good to go in an electric driven vehicle that never seems to run down.

I got the idea from the Alien series, the spacecraft, the Sulacko, having long rods placed on it, which were apparently inductors.

All a coil does in an auto, is step up electrical potential of that system.

What I'm after, is a step-up and then be able to tap off some of that energy.

What I'm after, is a step-up and then be able to tap off some of that energy.
This is where you misunderstaning lies, Creeds. By stepping up you are not adding any energy to the system. In fact, you are losing some through the conversion process as heat. You would have more total power to use if you never did any conversion on it.

Sorry, this is the physics of the situation. You really need to start modeling the energy equation to see all the "goesintas" and the "goesouttas". /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
RMT

Einstein, the MAGNA, please send to me by mail.

Once again, you can operate a Tessla from a D.C. source.

What I'm after, is a series of inductors, to siphon off that current.

On the MEG will look it up, on the energy site.

Bill Gates in-back of fuel cells?

I went to a resort the other day and they had gold carts there.

We looked at a hybrid Honda yesterday.

Gas is getting so expensive, that regular vehilces might be going to the junkyards, or retrofitted.

"Oh my Vettte!Someone plese help me!!!

Hi Einstein,
Yes, definitely. I don't quite know how to figure out the head pressure. Although at 14.7 lbs/in^2 at sea level, I suspect that a large diameter inlet will definitely increase head pressure.
We can model head pressure quite readily. I will pick up your thoughts here in a new thread...

I don't want to corrupt this thread, as Creedo has pointed out.
RMT