"The future ain't what it used to be."

Strange dream last night -- prediction???

chronovisor

Timekeeper
Last night, I dreamt that one of my sisters passed away. My younger sister and I were in our nephew's bedroom (we were apparently visiting) when we found out that our older sister had died in the night, apparently of natural causes.

Actually, shortly before that happened, I dreamt that I had been having a conversation with my older sister, and she told me to make sure that a certain comfy chair and pillow go to her son when she died, because it was one he cozied up in all the time as a child. In the dream, when we found out she was gone, I told the boy (now 22) about her eerily-timed request.

But that wasn't the strangest part. Afterward, my older sister appeared as a spirit to me and my younger sister, and she said something that sounded like "Whales...whales eleven." That's all I could really make out. It could have been "Wales," as in the country, or as in "The Prince of." I dunno.

In any case, I wanted to sort of put this on record, just in case something does happen with whales, Wales, Jimbo Wales, etc, etc, having to do with the number eleven.

This is only my perspective, and whether it is accurate or not...I have no idea, except it seems to work for me.

I believe most dreams are speaking a language all they're own. That language is based on emotion's, and not necessarily with what you "see" in a dream. This is why we have unusual object's in our dreams -- they are included becuase of what emotional definition they have to you.

Death isn't always a physical death, either in dreams or in fortune telling methods. Usually, death is an indication of some type of change. The passing away of the old, and the birth of something new.

If you track your emotion's, you might soon find yourself experiencing the exact same emotions as you did in this dream.

IF you can go through the dream and remember how you felt, and the emotion's that the different objects brought up, this might provide you with an insight into what the dream was trying to convey to you.

Something more significant that this sort of thing,I hope. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Eleven beached whales refloated in Australia
SYDNEY - The 11 survivors from a pod of 80 whales that beached themselves near Margaret River on Australia's west coast were pushed back out to sea Tuesday.

Luxury Travel Accommodation Hermanus South Africa
Luxury Travel to South Africa must include accommodation in Hermanus at Ocean Eleven. Whale viewing from your suite. Near Cape Town South Africa.

7-Eleven - The Loop - Chicago, IL

* User Reviews|
* Photos|
* Write Review

* Yelp Rating: (Based on 13 reviews)
* Address: 48 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
* Phone: (312) 332-9262

This is only my perspective, and whether it is accurate or not...I have no idea, except it seems to work for me.

I believe most dreams are speaking a language all they're own. That language is based on emotion's, and not necessarily with what you "see" in a dream. This is why we have unusual object's in our dreams -- they are included becuase of what emotional definition they have to you.

Death isn't always a physical death, either in dreams or in fortune telling methods. Usually, death is an indication of some type of change. The passing away of the old, and the birth of something new.

If you track your emotion's, you might soon find yourself experiencing the exact same emotions as you did in this dream.

IF you can go through the dream and remember how you felt, and the emotion's that the different objects brought up, this might provide you with an insight into what the dream was trying to convey to you.

What you say makes sense Kerr. One thing that I still try to understand in relation to those views (symbolism in dreams), how does that change when one is lucid dreaming?
The difference in my own dreaming experience is a 'regular' deep sleep immersed dream seems to give the dreamer (me in this case) the perspective of an 'observer'.
However, the reason I raised the question in relation to lucid dreaming, is because I've noticed the perspective seems to change from 'observer' to 'direct participant'. Sort of like the comparison of 3rd person view to 1st person view.
So if the perception of the process changes, and as well the introduction of interaction in the dream state occurs - what can be drawn from a similar, but much different experience in this context?
I'm just curious because I tend to lucid dream alot, but obviously have experienced the regular reference as well.
Curious topic /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The source of my perspective was the result of having a dream where my logical mind, or consciousness was awake during a dream, and watched the dream occur only as an observer.

In that dream, I was trying to tell someone that there was an Earthquake, and I could not find the word "Earthquake"...and instead shouted out to the person... " It's a Mover ! "

There were other components to the dream as well. The dynamics that stood out the most, were the emotional definitions during the dream. And not long afterward, a situation took place that contained the exact same emotions as the dream.

The experience got me to taking a look at how my dreams worked. I took notes, and realized that in many dreams, there were certain object's ( such as ) tree's included that were out of place. In my front yard would be an Oak, but in the dream it would be a Palm Tree.

I realized that when the sub-conscious was searching through my memory banks, ( as an example ) it was not looking for a specific tree , and randomly selected the tree to place into the context of the dream. To the sub-conscious, a tree is a tree, with no specific definition as to a "type" of tree.

I believe this happens with other items we see...the sub-conscious uses emotion's as it's language, and thus locates those objects that best fit the emotional definition's it is looking for.

I think the sub-conscious is like a mid-realm between the Astral Realm and the Physical Realm, and acts as a channel between the two.

As far as lucid dreaming, I would think that the conscious portion of the mind has more control, and that may affect the communication process of the dream state.

It is said that if you can engage the Astral Realm and consciously control events within the Astral Ocean, as I like to call it, that you can effect changes in your life.

The question I have is that there are object's in my dream's that I know for certain that I have never seen before, so where is the sub-conscious mind getting these images ? Especially with buildings.

Are they images of other places ? or is the sub-conscious mind able to construct an object all by itself ? I find it puzzling that the sub-conscious could construct a building, and some of them are quite complex, on it's own. I get the feeling that it is accessing something you referred to in another post, a collective consciousness.

The question I have is that there are object's in my dream's that I know for certain that I have never seen before, so where is the sub-conscious mind getting these images ? Especially with buildings.

Are they images of other places ? or is the sub-conscious mind able to construct an object all by itself ? I find it puzzling that the sub-conscious could construct a building, and some of them are quite complex, on it's own. I get the feeling that it is accessing something you referred to in another post, a collective consciousness.

I know very well what you mean. Usually these things are somewhat spontaneous, the right night, the right mood or tenor of the day, or whatever. This is a particular post or pre-sleep state.I have seen very complex images and arrangements. For example I've seen image after image of assortments of things, very artistic, but lacking in any significance to me. It's like looking at a complex computer generated geometric patterns. They are very impressive in the technical sense,but essentially meaningless. In other words,they're boring to look at after you've seen a few of them.

As I said, my own experiences are random, but I suppose one could train one's self to view such patterns. No, I don't think the subconscious can actually create them: it seems to take some effort and concentration to compose an organized pattern. My sense is that you could look at such "pictures" forever, or far beyond your interest in doing so. "Collective conscious" is a term that seems to mean more than it does.

I don't really think there is any "creation" at the human level--we just sort through endless sequence of templates--which already exist- and pick out the closest match to what we want. Or maybe our need attracts a suitable template.

Well, if "Wales" was the prediction, it might have come true yesterday. I was at a thrift store, and I came across a pitcher that was made in Wales. Pottery isn't normally the sort of thing I seek out; I just happened to walk by, and my dad mentioned that it was made in Wales.

Thinking that it could have something to do with the dream, I picked it up for $3.50 (maybe it's worth 11 million???). I looked it up when I got it home, and it's a brand called Porthmadog, apparently named after (and manufactured in) that Welsh town. I found several listings on eBay for that brand, but not that specific pitcher.

Anyway, it's in good shape, and other listings put it in the $5 to $10 range. If anyone here wants to give me $11 million for it, however, I won't object.

Had another "vision" dream last night, but didn't want to start a whole new thread for it. I remember almost nothing about it now, but I saw very clearly the date January 29, followed by what looked like 5050. I woke up thinking it could have been 2050, but I don't know. Anyway, if the world blows up this January 29th, I want full credit for predicting it, especially if it involves whales.

I want full credit for predicting it, especially if it involves whales.

You obviously have a 5050 chance of receiving such credit. Either that or Scotty will be beaming a whale into your bed on 29-JAN sometime in the future.

Back